Logi Nu
ken-k

Do you need to install software to use M705 mouse with K270 keyboard

Hello,

I'm looking to purchase Logitech mouse and keyboards, and need some info on the unifying receiver please.

If the computer is using the M705 mouse and K270 keyboard, do I need to install the unifying software or not?

If yes, would it be an acceptable workaround if I put the two unifying receivers in two usb ports to avoid installing the software?

Thank you.

MichaelKenward
Topics: 16
Solutions: 228

Re: Do you need to install software to use M705 mouse with K270 keyboard

The unifying software is a one-off use that is there to connect the receiver to the device. You will not need two receivers.

Install one device and take it through the setup process. Get it to recognise the keyboard (or mouse).

Then run the Unifying Software again and use it to make the same receiver find the mouse (or keyboard).

You shouldn't have to install the Unifying Software. It will be a part of the process of installing the first thing you install.

The good news is that you will now have a spare unifying receiver for the time that the dog eats the other one. (Keep the

spare in the keyboard if it has a storage slot.) That's not a joke. It has happened.

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73 | LWS 2.31
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit | Windows 8.1 Update

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.