Logi Nu
Sierra_Lady

Double-click for M570

I've been going round & round with the Logitech tech on this, but was hoping someone on this forum could help. I had the wireless trackball M570, but it suddenly stopped working. Logitech sent a new one, since the previous one was still under warranty. I'd programmed that first one to have the right button as double-click...yet somehow, I'm unable to do that with this new one...and they're the same model!  Has anyone been able to program the M570 to double-click with the right button??

MichaelKenward
Topics: 16
Solutions: 243

Re: Double-click for M570

Are you sure this ever worked? That does not seem to be possible here.

If it did work, maybe it for written out with a new version of Setpoint. Have you tried the one that came with the first trackball?

The only option here for the right button is "Swap buttons".

One thought, could you have done something to change things with "Game Settings".

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73 | LWS 2.31
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit | Windows 8.1 Update

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Logi Nu
Sierra_Lady

I absolutely know it worked with my first M570 (which wasn't even a year old when it died)...and the support team has tried me with every version of Setpoint from the newest (630_x64) to 620_x64 and even with the 32-bit versions (which wouldn't run at all on Office 2010).

I'm at a complete loss to understand or explain this--not to mention explain WHY ON EARTH Logitech wouldn't have included a means for setting up a double-click on the M570 out of the box. This seems like a truly egregious oversight--all the other Logitech trackballs going back literally decades have had this ability...why eliminate it??????

MichaelKenward
Topics: 16
Solutions: 243

It does seem odd to leave that one out.

If you look into the "Advanced Settings" for this bit of hardware, you will see that it describes "Left Click" and "Right Click" in these terms:

"This button cannot be configured for application-specific behaviour"

Suggests that they don't want us messing around with those buttons.

I'm surprised, though, that you have been able to do this before. I have just checked a couple of older devices. They don't even offer the "swap" option of newer stuff.

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73 | LWS 2.31
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit | Windows 8.1 Update

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.