Logi Nu
lordfreespace

G5-laser mouse won't work

[ Edited ]
Hello, I'm having problems with my G5 laser mouse that started today when I booted up my system.  My mouse is only 1 month old, and I haven't had any problems except for this one.  First of all my computer reads the mouse when I plug it in and take it out, and setpoint says my mouse is there, but the mouse dosen't read any movements and the lights on the front of the mouse where the dpi display is don't light up and the light underneath where the lenses are is only very dim.  I have tried uninstalling setpoint, and downloading the most current version from the website, and have tried the mouse on different usb ports, but that didn't work.  I haven't changed my system at all, and the bios is set correctly but I still get that problem.  Also the mouse buttons don't work, and the mouse wheel dosen't register either.  Any suggestions and fixes? Thank you.

My specs:

Dualcore 3 ghz
2 gigs Corsair Dominator 8500
geforce 8800 ultra
500 gig seagate hd
windows xp pro

Also I have the G5 that came bundled with Battlefield 2142 and has the custom skin if that makes a difference.

Message Edited by lordfreespace on 10-31-2007 10:58 AM

Message Edited by lordfreespace on 10-31-2007 10:58 AM
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mal

Re: G5-laser mouse won't work

Hi lordfreespace :smileyhappy:

Just want to check whether the mouse works on another system without software and does it work
Logi Nu
lordfreespace

It still doesn't work on my 2nd computer that has never had the setpoint software installed and was recently reformatted and reinstalled with windows xp pro. Should I start a warrenty claim, or is there another solution to try?
Logi Nu
lordfreespace

bump, waiting for reply
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mal

Since it is not working on other system as well, I suggest that you contact customer support via phone for information on  replacement and you may refer to the Contact tab on top of our webpage. You may also refer to article 53 on this link here.