Logi Nu
skhara

Having problems with my mouse pointer moving slow

I have an LX8 mouse, and ever since i installed windows 7 and setpoint. My mouse hasn't been behaving like before...

Like when i try to move the mouse really fast, it move really slow. And when i move the mouse continuously, the pointer moves slower and slower. It's becaming very annoying, and I have no idea why its doing this.

The first problem isn't terribly annoying since i don't use my  mouse that fast, but the second one is. Especially when im dragging something, it'll move at a snail's pace until it gets there.

Also the speed the mouse move's at is inconsistent, so if i move the mouse around in a circle. The pointer on screen will also move in a circle, but sometimes it'll move faster and then sometimes slower. At first i thought it had to do with the acceleration settings, but when i turned it off it got worse. And with the acceleration on, its barely noticeable.

My mouse is pretty old now, about 3-4 years of use on it.  I don't know if the mouse is going bad, or something changed in the version of setpoint i installed. But any insights here would be greatly appreciated.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
kpeppard

Re: Having problems with my mouse pointer moving slow

Hello skhara:

Thank you for posting to our Logitech Community Forums;

In order for me to get a good grasp on your issue I need a couple more questions answered. they are:

1)What version of OS ar you using(Win Xp, Win Vista or Win 7)?

2)Are you using a 32 or 64 bit Operating System?

3)Have you tried, for troubleshooting purposes, putting your LX8 on another computer?

As soon as i get the answer to these I will be able to address this issue further.

Regards

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
All opinions written here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer.