Logi Browser
LesF

How can I uninstall mouse driver without uninstalling keyboard driver?

I am using a Logitech mouse (M110) on a PS2 port, and a Logitech illuminated keyboard on a USB port. Both are using the same Setpoint software.

For troubleshooting purposes (nothing to do with a Logitech product), I temporarily need to change to a Microsoft mouse using Microsoft Intellipoint software. How do I uninstall just the Logitech mouse driver without affecting the keyboard driver?

MichaelKenward
Topics: 19
Solutions: 267

Re: How can I uninstall mouse driver without uninstalling keyboard driver?

Some Logitech mice use Microsoft drivers.

Look in Device Manager.

Wouldn't it work just to "disconnect" the Logitech mouse?

Or uninstall the lot and then just reinstall; the keyboard.

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad | M235
K800, K480, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73 | LWS 2.31
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit | Windows 8.1 Update

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Logi Browser
LesF

Michael, thanks for your reply.

Just to be clear, I intend to continue using the Logitech mouse with the setpoint software on my system. But for my purposes (troubleshooting a driver conflict), it's imperative that I uninstall my Logi mouse and it's Setpoint driver, but I don't want to lose the keyboard functionality of the Setpoint software.

If I uninstall the mouse driver from Device Manager, how would that impact my keyboard?

MichaelKenward

Try it. You can always backtrack.

If you remove all the Logitech drivers, then my experience is that the keyboard will revert whatever it can get from Microsoft. The keyboard works, but without any of the useful bells and whistles.

I am puzzled by the constant references in many messages here to Logitech drivers. More often than not, the issue is not the drivers but the software.

But you have said not much about your real challenge so it is hard to second guess what would work for you.

Just experiment. It will not bring about Armageddon

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Logi Browser
LesF

Hi again, Michael.

OK, let me explain.

The Logitech driver, mouse, and keyboard has nothing whatsoever to do with the problem I'm troubleshooting. I recently purchased a new Canon printer (PIXMA MG6220), which I installed on my system. At the time, I was running XP Pro SP3, with the Logitech keyboard/Setpoint software and a Microsoft mouse using Intellipoint software. After installing the printer, I immediatel;y began getting exception error messages and lockups, so I began troubleshooting. Seems that the conflict was between the printer software and the Intellipoint software. Canon tech support had no reports of a conflict with their software (well, yeah, I knew they'd say that). When I purchased my Logitech keyboard about a year ago, I had a conflict between the Intellipoint software and the Setpoint software, and notified Logitech tech support. Well, they corrected that problem with the latest release of Setpoint, and everything was fine. So, having experienced an Intellipoint conflict once already, I decided to uninstall Intellipoint and replace the MS mouse with a Logitech mouse, just to get my system working again. That's what I'm using now. But I still want to try and resolve the original problem, because I like my MS mouse, and that's why I need to re-install the Intellipoint software.

MichaelKenward

Shame on you. Intellipoint?

You might do better to throw your question into places where they natter about Intellipoint. That's where the problem lies.

I very much doubt if removing the Logitech drivers will have any influence over your attempts to sort out problems with that.

If it doesn't work with Logitech stuff there, it won't work without it.

Logi Browser
LesF

Michael, again you misunderstand me.

I'm not "throwing" an intellipoint question onto this forum.

My question, to reiterate, is "how do I remove the Setpoint software for the logitech mouse without removing it for the Logitech keyboard?" That's a Logitech question, and this forum is the proper place to post it.

The rest of the story was background for you, since you asked for that. I'll handle the Intellipoint troubleshooting outside this forum, and I'm not in any way implicating the Logitech software in the mix. It works just fine.

MichaelKenward

You have now thrown Setpoint into the story. This has nothing to do with the drivers that you first asked about. Setpoint is the software that controls what your Logitech devices will do.

You can use your Logitech keyboard without having SetPoint installed. Just remove it in the usual way.

I have given you several suggestions. You don't say if you have tried any of them.

Nor do I think that they will help you to solve your core problem.