Logi Browser
Bogie

Launch Program Customization on mouse button

I used to have one button on my MX Revolution Mouse set to launch windows explorer and open to a particular drive with the folders view active. After updating to the newest setpoint 4.8 (And Uberoptions as well), the setting doesn't work. I had saved my settings, uninstalled both programs, reinstalled setpoint then uberoptions, and replaced the new user.xml file with the saved one after renaming.

All the other settings seem to work but when I launch explorer thru the mouse it says the path does not exist or is not a directory. I also have a shortcut on my desktop to the same setting and it works fine. The properties reports that it is set to: %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,K:\  I've cut and pasted this shortcut into the setpoint window and it doesn't work, I just get the error message. I can eliminate the /e, from the command and it opens to the K:\ folder but in a single window view and I need it to open with the folders view on the left.

My only other issue, which happened before, is that the list of programs listed under "manage programs" re-populates itself after closing the setpoint window. this is frustrating because there are only a 2 programs i want to have different settings for. Consequently, when I'm in say Outlook, and I click to get to my explorer it doesn't open or work unless my focus is off the open window.  How do you get the program to not populate the "Manage Programs" selection box?

Logi Legend
rlowens

Re: Launch Program Customization on mouse button

1. Try pointing the button in SetPoint at the shortcut on your desktop instead of the command itself. 2. Re-install uberOptions and pick the "No default forward/back button profiles" option to remove the default profiles that keep coming back. Note you will need to set up your buttons again after.

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror
Logi Browser
Bogie

I'm not quite sure I follow. The shortcut target is "%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,K:\" which doesn't work. The shortcut on my desktop, located in C:\Documents And Settings ...... has the same target. I'm not sure how you point setpoint to execute the shortcut to execute the program, I thought the shortcut was just a pointer to execute the program.

Logi Legend
rlowens

Since something about SetPoint isn't sending the command-line options correctly, you can set SetPoint to run the shortcut instead (and let the shortcut specify the command-line options).

So, in SetPoint, set the button to run the shortcut (in C:\Documents And Settings ......) with the Browse button.

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror