Logi Nu
daryldeal

Logitech M325 mouse wheel too sensitive?

Im using setpoint 6.32

Basically the scroll wheel is too sensitive, when you scroll up and finished scrolling it will go back down 1 line and up 1 line. like a relapse or something? I've never experience this with any mouse scroll out there that has a resistance to it. Not sure if this is software related or the hardware of the mice is just has this defective design?

MichaelKenward
Topics: 17
Solutions: 253

Re: Logitech M325 mouse wheel too sensitive?

Have you tried adjusting the SetPoint settings?

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73 | LWS 2.31
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit | Windows 8.1 Update

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Logi Nu
daryldeal

I think the problem is the scroll wheel. Due to the lack of resistance and it being so smooth, one light press or when your finger slightly touches it the screen basically scrolls out of control.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Hello darydeal,

If you are using Windows 7 you may want to try the Scroll App. http://www.logitech.com/en-us/428/8006?softwareid=8541&osid=14&section=downloads

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
daryldeal

The issue still persist even with this installed..

i think the best fix would be the adjustment of the scroll wheel firmware? because a slight touch on the wheel will make it scroll up and down, its too sensitive..

Cintech

[ Edited ]

Hello daryldeal ,

Have you disabled smooth scrolling ? If the issue persists please contact Logitech Customer Care for your region.

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
MichaelKenward

How do you disable smooth scrolling in SetPoint?

I installed smooth scrolling yesterday for the M570. Rubbish.

I can see how to disable it in Firefox, but not SetPoint.

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Cintech

Hello MichaelKenward ,

The smooth scrolling option is only available if you have a mouse installed that has the  *HyperFastScroll wheel since SetPoint 6.20. See http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Mice-and-Pointing-Devices/SetPoint-6-20-is-available-for-download-11-1...

Best Regards,

MichaelKenward

This is not, then, the same software as "scroll app" which describes itself as a tool to offer "smooth scrolling" in browsers.

Not for the first time Logitech manages to confuse people by using conflicting terminology.

Logi Nu
DwightQ

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

I just bought M325 less than two weeks ago.

Only one thing I didn't like about it is that there is absolutely no resistance on the scroll wheel.

I cant rest my finger on it or else it will scroll. This is unlike previous mice I have used before - not in a good way.

Is that how it was designed?