Logi Nu
mrm12333601

Logitech Performance Mouse MX: Zoom button combination seems to be "Moody"

The zoom button on my Performace Mouse MX sometiems works and sometimes it doesn't.  I can't tell of any sequence of activities that either leads it to work or not.

Has anyone experience this issue on the Performace Mouse MX?

Please let me know if you have.

Thanks.

Logi Nu
Duncar

Re: Logitech Performance Mouse MX: Zoom button combination seems to be "Moody"

Yep, same problem. Got the latest version of SetPoint and Windows 7 32-bit

Logi Nu
rageej

I have the same problem, zoom button brings up magnifying glass but scrolling does nothing or scrolls rather than zooming.

Although I have absolutely no idea what causes this, I do know of a way to get it working again.

Close and restart SetPoint.

So far this has worked for me. I'm not a huge fan of the limitations of setpoint drivers or mapping options but I do love me some Logitech hardware. 

Logi Nu
SpyderTech02

I found the same quirks with the zoom button.  I just changed the assignment to be a Keystroke Assignment and put the CTRL key (actually displays as "CTRL +" in SetPoint) as the keystroke.  This allows me to hold the zoom button with my thumb and then scroll to zoom in and out.  Works every time.  The added advantage is that I can now use it as a CTRL+ whatever.  Like CTRL + Left click on objects in Visual Studio.

Logi Nu
Logi_cal

I was a bit confused by the way that the ZOOM button works also, a quick look around the internet helped me out.

1. The zoom button is a toggle switch. Press for ON & release. Use scroll wheel to change size of the image/text, press Zoom to turn off zoom function & scroll away to your hearts content. ( Zoomed image remains as you set previously. )  

2.   Zoom & Scroll are separate functions, when Zoom is on (activated), then the scroll wheel only increases or decreases magnification. With Zoom off, the scroll wheel only 'scrolls', as it should.

Hope this helps.