Logi Browser
Grigsby

M185 USB connection issues BEGGING FOR HELP

[ Edited ]

I have a great Logitech M185 mouse on my HP G56 laptop, but now, the drivers on the USB drive wont install (windows 7), it says that the driver software was not installed succesfully D:

Logi Browser
Grigsby

Re: Logitech M185 Driver Problems. HELP!!!

Seiriously people, HELP ME OUT

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
j_briggs

Re: M185 USB connection issues BEGGING FOR HELP

Hi Grigsby,

When you plug in the receiver for the mouse is this when you get the message "the driver was not installed successfully"?

Are you able to plug the receiver into another computer to see if the issue persists?

Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Browser
Grigsby

Not at the moment, but hypothetically, if it DOES install on another computer, how do I fix the poroblem on this laptop. What about if it doesnt?

Logi Browser
Grigsby

Aand also, why in the heck doesnt this mouse have a connect button? :smileyindifferent:

Logi Browser
Grigsby

And also, where can I download the USB drivers for myself, (not setpoint, I mean the drivers that install when you put the USB in)

j_briggs

Hi Grigsby,

If the receiver does work on another computer that will show us there is a problem on your current system more than likely the drivers are missing or damaged. The mouse has no connect button as it is factory paired to the receiver and can be unpaired/repaired with the Logitech Connection Utility available on our website. As for the drivers, all of our mice and receivers use generic windows drivers that should be contained in your operating system. We do not supply drivers for our mice because of this, you should be able to acquire drivers by contacting Microsoft directly.

Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Browser
Grigsby

So where can I get the drivers for myself, because it's apparent that I will probably have to do that

Logi Browser
Grigsby

Oh, and the drivers would not install on the other computer

CarterW

Hi Grisby,

If the drivers fail to install on a second computer then it would indicate that either the mouse/receiver is defective. From here you could return it where purchased or contact support for a warranty replacement.

Regards