Logi Nu
bahiense

M215 receiver not detected

Hello, i just bought a mouse Logitech Wireless Mouse M215, in theory is just plug the receiver, the battery and the mouse should be working, BUT, no need to install drivers or software (nothing was included in the package), then i see this error message "Device driver software was not successfully installed"  http://prntscr.com/9bq8w 

at the control panel ( Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits SP1 , fresh install a couple of weeks ago), "Devices and Printers" section i see a "USB Receiver" item (unspecified) http://prntscr.com/9bqdw

in the devices manager i see too the drivers are not installed and the yellow warning sign http://prntscr.com/9bqjl

tried already with every usb port, doubt that is going to fix it since the receiver is detected but something is not installed by windows (tried the update driver option with windows update, tells me there is not driver for that device)

any ideas? Thanks.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Re: M215 receiver not detected

Hello bahiense,

Please try the receiver for your M215 on a different computer. This will determine if the issue is the receiver or the operating system. If you are using an external USB hub,docking station or pass through device, please disable them for trouble shooting purposes.

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
kwfors

I just purchased a Logictech Wireless Mouse M215.  I am having exactly the same issue.  When I plut in the receiver, I see the message "Device driver software was not successfully installed" .  When I check device manager I see the USB Receiver" with the yellow warning sign (nearly new Windows & Enterprise 64 bit on a nearly new Dell laptop).  I tried all the normal fixes (rebooting with receiver installed and without etc.).  The receiver is just not recognized.  I have tried the receiver on another PC (Windows XP).  It works great, so it is not a hardware issue.

Suggestions? 

Logi Nu
bahiense

sadly, only fix i found to this was go back to the 32 bits version of win7

Logi Nu
Amanosho

Hello all,

I have the same problem....

It works few days ago...but not working suddenly...

Under device and printers...it is located at unspecified...can you please help me solve the problem?

Logi Nu
KaiserWill

Hello all,

Is there a fix for this issue yet?

I have the same issue yet differnet in certain aspects.

The USB receiver is not reconised in any of the USB ports on the laptop.

I can confirm all the ports are working.

I have tested the mouse and receiver in a mac laptop and another pc laptop and it works without an issue.

This is deffinetly something with the laptop it needs to work with.

Now here is the kicker, it had been working in the laptop without an issue for nearly 8 months when it was first installed. It only stoped working a week ago.

I have cleared all the usb registeries in regedit and in device management. 

When this was done I rebooted and all the usb drivers were freshing installed again.

I put the receiver in again, it started to installed then stop and came up as an "Unreconised device"

It has and will not install drivers for this and I can not see any drivers for this on Logitech.

U have tried the conection wizard and it say there is no device pluged in.

I need some guru advice which donesn't include rebuilding the laptop!

Logi Nu
xdeeterx

Cintech wrote:

Hello bahiense,

Please try the receiver for your M215 on a different computer. This will determine if the issue is the receiver or the operating system. If you are using an external USB hub,docking station or pass through device, please disable them for trouble shooting purposes.

Best Regards,

I have the same wireless mouse (M215) and it was working fine for a long time - as it got older the mouse started to freeze up, but would always come back after a few seconds.  Today I tried to use the mouse and it did not work. The receiver is just coming up as unrecognized, and once i think it tried to find and install a driver but said it had failed to do so. 

I replaced the battery, I made changes in the device manager and all that, i rebooted, disconnected from power source to reset... all the steps I've read about online. Nothing has worked and frustration is setting in quickly.

I see that you have suggested to someone else (the original poster) that the mouse should be tried in another computer to be sure the receiver itself is not the problem.  What would you recommend for someone who only has one computer?  I have no other computers to test the receiver on and I'm wondering... am I just to assume the receiver has stopped working and get a new mouse?  How long do these normally last, before they die "of old age"?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.  All help is greatly appreciated!