Logi Nu
photosphere

M305 UNIFYING RECEIVER COMPATIBILITY

I just purchased the M305 mouse.  None of the information that came with the mouse indicates that it is compatible with the unifying receiver.  However, the bottom of the mouse has the unifying receiver symbol located just below the model number.  I can't find any information on the Logitech web site which indicates this mouse is compatible with the unifying receiver.

Does anyone know if this mouse is compatible?  If not, why is the symbol showing on the mouse?

Logi Nu
tachyonincorpor

Re: M305 UNIFYING RECEIVER COMPATIBILITY

Yes, it is! I just bought another M305 and noticed this one had the logo. I tried it with the unifying receiver that came with my Logitech K250 keyboard and i'm using both on that same receiver this very minute. It's a shame that Logitech didn't bother to update the packaging or documentation to reflect the added compatibility, but it does work.

Logi Nu
IrinaKov

As spare parts there is three different unifying receivers. I don't know about the compatibility of these. At least on phone support they said to me that "buy the right part".

Maybe the older "standard unifying receiver" works with newer models but not vice versa?

Receiver, Unifying

PN 993-000439

Receiver, M215 and M305

PN 993-000438

Receiver-V450/V550 Nano, VX Nano 2008 or 2009

PN 993-000136

Logi Nu
rocketwils

Wow this is pretty amazing to me that folks poke around with the same detail that I do... I also noticed the M305 has the "unifying" logo on the bottom of it, but no reference in the docs.  Previous poster mentioned using them successfully with the D250 keyboard... what did you need to do to make them work together?  thanks!

Logi Nu
rocketwils

Sorry I said the wrong thing... K250 keyboard.

ANYWAY, here is the procedure for pairing the M305 mouse and K250 Keyboard on the SAME Unifying receiver...

1. Make sure you have an actual Unifying Receiver (UR).  The one with the K250 is Unifying type; the one with the M305 is just a nano receiver (I think for a single device connection).

2. Download/install the software from www.logitech.com/unifying

3. While the keyboard probably already immediately paired with the UR, the M305 may not have.  Follow the procedure, which is simply to turn the mouse ON/OFF switch OFF then back ON again.

That's all there was to it!  It worked.  I stored the spare nano receiver inside my M305 mouse to have it for future usage.... but both keyboard and mouse are working with the single UR.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
LoJane

Hello All

These are the correct P/N's for the available receivers, maybe I can shed some light on how to determine which mouse uses which receiver.

(This information applies to AMR - North American products only)

Of course, if on the bottom of the mouse you have the orange Unifying logo, regardless of it's M/N, receiver P/N 993-000439 is the way to go to enjoy our unifying technology. 

Mice with M/N M-R0003 use receiver P/N 993-000135 (AMR) or P/N 993-000136 (EMEA - Europe) - This is non-Unifying

M305's with M/N M-R0012 use receiver P/N 993-000439 OR P/N 993-000438, in order to determine which one please contact Logitech Customer Care at 1 646 454 3200

Kind Regards 

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
LuisR

Take care, I´ve been using my M215 mouse (nano) with unifying reciver that comes with a k750 solar keyboard and I can´t get back to use with the nano receiver.

Do you know how to unpair from the receiver to pair with the old one?

Logi Nu
leozc

A potential serious problem.:

M305 mouse:M-R0012

receiver comes with it: M/N C-0007

Symthom: I can pair the mouse with other unifying receiver, but cannot pair back to its original receiver. 

Software v.2.00.43

This serious product flaw if I cannot connect back to my original receive. 
Please help me to resolve, thx! 

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
kpeppard

[ Edited ]

Hello all:

Thank you for posting your issue to the Logitech Community Forums.

If you have the device paired to a unifying receiver and then you want to revert back to a nano receiver, please do the following steps:

1) If haven't installed setpoint, please do

2) Go to Start

3) Go toAll Programs

4) Scroll down until come to Logitech

5) In the Logitech folder go to Unifying

6) Then go to Logitech Unifying Software

7) Click on Advanced. Then you should see the following screen

Unifying Software.jpg

8) Find your mouse and Un-Pair

9) After unpairing, take out the unifying receiver and plug in the nano receiver

10) Run the connection utility ( http://www.logitech.com/en-us/447/3516?wt.mc_id=usym_redirect_/connect_utility ) and follow the instructions.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
All opinions written here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer.
Logi Browser
loopingz

I own a M-305 (best buy edition) M-R0012 with a nano receiver.

I try to pair it with a K800, using its unifying receiver.

When I do the unifying process everything works up to the on-off process. After going off when I turn the mouse on again, it directly open me a error message. I double checked every troubleshooting possibility without success.

Any clue?