Logi Nu
Constantin

Re: M305 receiver not recognized

Hi

I still have the same issue: the nano receiver is not recognized even after installation of last SetPoint 6.10 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Restart didn't help. The above advice to find usb.inf also didn't help.

Is there a workaround for this issue?

Thanks,

Constantin.

Logi Nu
dorkyderek

same problems, same mouse, also on windows 7 64-bit. any new solutions?

Logi Nu
themyrick

[ Edited ]

ok after a WHOLE LOT OF RESEARCH I FINALLY FOUND OUT HOW TO FIX MY M305.......

1. Turn off computer

2. Unplug it from wall

3. Wait a few mins

4. Plug it back in and turn on computer

5. BAM WORKING MOUSE AGAIN

6. Ponder why it worked like that

GL ALL WORKED FOR ME :smileyvery-happy:

EDIT! Adding link to where i found it. http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/usb-device-not-recognized/

Logi Nu
gerrobi

My laptop with Windows 7 can't find the receiver either.... did you ever get a response or did you ever get it working?  How frustrating.  Been 2 hours trying & trying......

Logi Nu
Monttinen

Oh, thank you. I had the same problem and tried to uninstall drivers and plug the receiver into other usb ports etc.

I simply shutdown the computer, removed the receiver and removed the battery from my laptop for a minute.

After booting the computer and logging in (without mouse functioning yet) the windows installed drivers for the mouse and it's working again :smileyhappy:

Logi Nu
joziegrozy
Logi Nu
bully4kate

Okay, wait. UNPLUG everything, wait, then plug back in?

I followed this thread very carefully. Two days ago, I was uploading something and everything

froze on my beloved MAC. Thought I was hung, so I rebooted twice - nothing. I finally figured

out that it was my wireless M305 Logitech mouse. Not working. Changed batteries, plugged

and unplugged the thing into the hard drive, nothing. What now? If I seem a little tense, it's

because I have to use my broken wired mouse and I'm a little impatient.

Anyone?? Please??

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
bphillips

Hi bully4kate,

Please try the USB receiver in a different USB port on your computer. If the mouse is still not working, please try a "caps drain". This is done by removing the batteries and alternating right and left clicks for roughly 1 minute. After clicking, please remove the receiver from your computer and plug it back in. Once the receiver is securely plugged in, please replace the batteries and turn your mouse off and then back on.

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate

If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
Gosi

I am facing same problem here.

The USB receiver is not recognized by windows XP and setPoint 622 cannot be installed due to it does not recognize my internet connection.

I am very disappointed and plan to return the mouse to retailer.

LogiTech is ever the most trusted mouse manufacturer and means realiable.

But no idea why now it is so trouble to install a mouse from it.

Why no driver CD attached?

Why no instruction in manual on where to get and how to install the driver?

Why the setPoint is not an offline installer?

Why the setPoint is not fully tested before it is released with so obvious bug?

It is just a waste of my time (cannot say money yet due I have no chance to try the mouse)

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
bphillips

Hi Gosi,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues installing our software. At the moment we have only released a smart installer of Setpoint 6.22, however, if you'd like an offline installer you can download our previous version, Setpoint 6.20 (32-bit/64-bit). 

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate

If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.