Logi Nu
melodiousli

M305 receiver not recognized

Two days ago, my mouse just suddenly stopped working after I switched the nanoreceiver to another USB port to install my printer. Moved it back, it won't work. The mouse is fine, batteries are good. I downloaded Connect Utility, it won't even install for me. I downloaded SetPoint, it doesn't have the My Mouse tab. Multiple re-installation leads to the same problem. 

I tried deleting the drivers for the mouse, then replugging the receiver back in, but it's like my laptop doesn't even recognize the receiver. Please help me, I'm about at my wits end. I even gave editting the registry a try, but that bit of computer work is beyond my computer skills. 

PS. I have to say that I love this mouse. The nanoreceiver is awesome, and the stone lion design as customized for BestBuy is beautiful as well.

Logi Nu
Dalibor

Re: M305 receiver not recognized

I bought this mouse today but it is not working. I am very disappointed.

Logi Nu
iustych

I was using this mouse for 2 months and it worked perfectly, but a couple of days ago i faced with the following issues:

1. Plug in the receiver -> windows throws 'USB device is not recognized' exception

OR

2. Plug in the reciever -> the mouse works for 5-10 seconds and then just stops.

Seems to be the problem in receiver as the issue is reproduced on my 2 laptops (Windows XP and Seven).

Logi Nu
rozelori

I am having the exact same problem. I've had my mouse for close to a year and have had no problems with it before today. The USB ports will not recognize the receiver, I've tried downloading the software to reinstall drivers, rebooted numerous times, tried all the USB ports and it will not work. I pluged the receiver into my other computer, which as XP, and it works fine. I've changed the batteries, but that did not work either.  I tried two other Logitech mice, and they would not work either, but they DID work on my XP laptop. So this leads me to believe that it must be something with Vista, it could have been an automatic update for Vista that is not compatable with Logitech drivers since all three mice are Logitech and all three mice work on my XP.  I did try plugging the nano receiver into the docking station and it does work that way, but will not work plugged directly into the computer.

Logi Nu
sibusate

I just bought an M305 mouse.  Receiver not recognized on my laptop with XP SP3 but works fine on a second laptop with XP SP3, on another laptop with Windows 7 and on the notebook of my son (XP+SP3).

Found the solution on a forum : C:\Windows\inf\USB.INF and USB.PNF where missing on my laptop which doesn't recognize the receiver. I just copied USB.INF and USB.PNF from one laptop to the failing one and it works !!!!!

Logi Nu
sibusate

In fact, the *REAL* question is : Why nobody from Logitech didn't give any answer about the 5 questions above from 2008, August ????

Logi Browser
jslegers

Same problem here. Would be nice if someone from logitech could help us with that.

Logi Nu
kingmikethe3

i just bought mine and its not connecting..........

Logi Nu
yogmeister

I have a new HP Mini 311 Notebook PC and a new Logitech M305 Mouse.

Probelm is the PC will not boot up with the Mouse Key plugged into the USB port. Boots up fine with mouse key unplugged and from there, the mouse works fine; the mouse key having been plugged in after windows startup. The mouse works normally in a Toshiba notebook PC and in an HP Laptop.

The M305 is a neat mouse. Fits nicely into the carrying sleeve for the MINI very nicely. I don't want to have to take it back.

There seems to be a compatibility problem.

Cmon Logitech whats happening here.

Logi Nu
metcaa1

Hi, talk about coincidence. I have also just purchased an HP Mini 311 and the M305 Mouse. It works fine when plugged in after boot up, but if you leave the dongle in the Netbook will not boot up. I have tried playing with the boot options with regards to USB, but I have not had any luck as yet. Hope Logitech see thisas it is a great mouse and the netbook also, would be great if they would work together.