Logi Nu
RocCrk

Re: M510 Mouse not working, Unifying Receiver not being found

THANK YOU ReznorNIN

This worked like a charm!! Whoo Hoo!!! I was working on this for a while and couldn't figure it out. Thanks for the in put!!

ReznorNIN wrote:

1 . Uninstalled the Motioninjoy drivers here "control panel -> programs and features"

2.. Typed "regedit" in the search bar and opened it. Then searched for "DS3" and deleted all files I could find that had "DS3" in them. DS3.exe, DS3_TOOL, etc. Had to search, delete the DS3 files that showed up, and search and delete again until no DS3 files showed up with the search. 

3. Since I haven't used motioninjoy in a long time there were no motioninjoy devices in the "devices and printers" menu, therefor there was no box to check to delete the driver software.  BUT.. with the unifying receiver still plugged in to my usb I went to "devices and printers" and right-clicked on the icon for the receiver, opened "properties", clicked the "hardware" tab, clicked the "properties" button in that window, then the "change settings" button, then the "drivers" tab once again, and finally at the bottom of that window it says "uninstall", and i clicked that. 

4. I then took the reciever out, rebooted the computer, and put the receiver back in the same usb port it was in when i uninstalled the drivers. my  pc downloaded the correct drivers this time, and i ran the unifying software (which once it started trying to pair the mouse and keyboard it kept saying could not pair, so i'm guessing the mouse and keyboard were already paired) and now i am typing this post with the wireless keyboard i had so much trouble getting to work. 

Logi Nu
glennb12345

I am running Windows 7, 64-bit. My M510 was working fine for about 6 months but then just stopped. My computer does no recognize the unifying usb reciever. I recieve the error message "device not recognized". When I try to install the driver, windows says that the driver is already up to date. I purchased a new M510 thinking that the reciever went bad, but I have the same issue with the new one.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Hello glennb12345,

If possible please try your M510 on a different computer. This will determine if you are dealing with a system issue as I suspect that you are. You could try powering off your computer and disconnect the power from the wall outlet for 20 minutes if it is a desktop or if it is a laptop, remove the battery according to the manufacturers instructions.

Have you ever installed an application that allows a console system controller to work on your computer?

Best Regards.

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
Colormoo

Hi...I had similar problem with the mouse, and I too am suspecting it to be a conflict with using unifiying reciever and motionjoy...

so i wanted to ask...if i had to remove my motionjoy controller software does it mean after i fix the current problem, the "can not be detected "problem would still come back if i chose to install motionjoy again later?

thanks in advance..

Logi Nu
twofishes

Thanks ReznorNIN , you're reply here ended a long search.   It is frustrating when your keyboard suddenly breaks so you go out and buy a new one but then can't that to work.  Specifically part four really helped , the string 

Devices and Printers -right click  Reciever- properties- hardware- properties- change settings- drivers- unistall   is  such a long a convoluted way to unistall drivers. 

If anyone at logictech  ever gets around to reading this, you save people alot of trouble if you made it possible to manually install drivers. 

Logi Nu
BartesHooligan

My Laptop recognize the Reciver as some Motion Joy (realized that after 2 days of fighting with this mouse) when I delete it from the devices list in the devices manager, immediately after that my Win7 found and install drivers for my mouse and problem dissapeard.

PS: From Logitech Customers info line the said something about some actualization of win7 i delete also but it doesn't help.

And this file in registry I didn't found also.

Take care with Your mouses and good luck.

Logi Nu
FreeSubmarine

I am currently experiencing problems similar to you.  I however have never installed any motionjoy type product.  My computer says that my mouse is working fine but the mouse will not respond.  I have Windows 7, 64-bit.

Logi Nu
manzar

Found this online while looking for a solution for my Anywhere Mouse MX that wasn't being recognized because of MotioninJoy always messing up the drivers for the mouse. Try this, it worked for me.

1. Uninstall Motionjoy DS3 Driver in "Uninstall or change a program" in Control Panel

2. Go to C:/Windows/System32/Drivers

3. Look for a file MijXfilt.sys and delete it

4. Then remove your USB receiver and plug it back in. Hopefully your mouse is now recognized. :smileyhappy:

Logi Nu
MarinaG

Hi All, I have problems with my M510 as well :smileysad: I tried all that you guys write and it still not works - i even reinstalled the windows... it still does not identifies the mouse when i put it in the usb port. I tried it on another laptop and i got the same error and also tried another mouse i have-M305 , this one works perfectly ..so i guess my M510 is just ..broken. I never had issues with it before, and i have it for a very long time. Did anyone had the same problem as i did ? and did you get it fixed? I'd appreciate your responses Thanks
Logi Nu
ComputerBlitz

JRe: M510 Mouse not working, Unifying Receiver not being found

Thank you for posting that.  I must note I had to select on the last screen delete driver software as well for it to work. then I had to go into device manager and uninstall the device from usb devices.  After that I took it out put it back in and seconds later it was working.