Logi Browser
disturbed_dude3

M510 Mouse not working, Unifying Receiver not being found

Hi,

I'm running Windows 7 on my new ASUS laptop and I got a new wireless mouse for it the other day, but it wont work. I tried different ports but still nothing. The mouse lights up, but wont work on my computer. When I use the Logitech Recieving Software, it cant find anything. I saw another problem similar to mine that was resolved by removing MotionJoy, which I did, but still no luck. I tried buying another M510 mouse, but I have the same problem.

Please help!

Logi Browser
disturbed_dude3

Re: M510 Mouse not working, Unifying Receiver not being found

Also when I plug it in, the device manager shows that is a HID-compliant device...

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Hello disturbed_dude3,

When you removed motioninjoy did you do it this way ? Unplug the console controller .

1 . Uninstall the Motioninjoy drivers here "control panel -> programs and features"

2.  Go to device manager and delete all Motioninjoy devices uninstall the devices in the Tab "Human Interface Devices" that  say "MotioninJoy" (remove the controller) You may have to check the box that says "Delete the driver software for this device"

3. Type "regedit" in the search bar and open it. Here you have to search for "DS3" using "Ctrl+F" and delete the DS3.exe

4. Unplug your receiver Reboot

5. Plug your receiver in.

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Browser
disturbed_dude3

[ Edited ]

I just did all that and when I plugged the reciever back in, Microsoft downloaded Motionjoy drivers again...

I tried going back to see if I missed anything and I cant find any DS3 in regedit, Motionjoy has been uninstalled, but in device manager, all the drivers are back.

Cintech

Hello disturbed_dude3,

You may need to show all hidden files to find the DS3 as this is the cause of your issue .

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Browser
disturbed_dude3

How would I show all hidden files?

Cintech

Hello disturbed_dude3,

Please check the following link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Show-hidden-files

Best Regards,

Logi Browser
disturbed_dude3

Ok, so I'm showing all hidden files now, but I still can't find any more DS3 files, and Microsoft still downloads Motionjoy drivers every time I plug in the reciever

Cintech

Hello disturbed_dude3,

At this point the only thing I can think of is to roll back your computer to a point before installing motioninjoy . One more thing you could try is a Windows repair . Many people have had issues similar to yours . Please see :http://www.motioninjoy.com/help/how-uninstall-motioninjoy

I really don't like to say it , but reformatting and starting over may be a course of action as well. You may want to have a PC tech do the reformatting .

Best Regards,

Logi Nu
ReznorNIN

Hello, I had this same problem and it took awhile to figure out what exactly was wrong, but I got it fixed.  I'm sure disturbed_dude has either resolved this issue by now or gotten something else, but I wanted to post what  I did to get it working so it's here for future consumers having the same problems with motioninjoy and this receiver.  I basically followed Cintech's instructions except there were a few things I had to do differently. 

1 . Uninstalled the Motioninjoy drivers here "control panel -> programs and features"

2.. Typed "regedit" in the search bar and opened it. Then searched for "DS3" and deleted all files I could find that had "DS3" in them. DS3.exe, DS3_TOOL, etc. Had to search, delete the DS3 files that showed up, and search and delete again until no DS3 files showed up with the search. 

3. Since I haven't used motioninjoy in a long time there were no motioninjoy devices in the "devices and printers" menu, therefor there was no box to check to delete the driver software.  BUT.. with the unifying receiver still plugged in to my usb I went to "devices and printers" and right-clicked on the icon for the receiver, opened "properties", clicked the "hardware" tab, clicked the "properties" button in that window, then the "change settings" button, then the "drivers" tab once again, and finally at the bottom of that window it says "uninstall", and i clicked that. 

4. I then took the reciever out, rebooted the computer, and put the receiver back in the same usb port it was in when i uninstalled the drivers. my  pc downloaded the correct drivers this time, and i ran the unifying software (which once it started trying to pair the mouse and keyboard it kept saying could not pair, so i'm guessing the mouse and keyboard were already paired) and now i am typing this post with the wireless keyboard i had so much trouble getting to work. 

I hope this post helps anyone else having similar problems. I'd also like to say, most tech support have something pretty much like a "troubleshooting manual" that they get their "solutions" from, and they don't necessarily know anything about computers. I'm not saying this is the case here, just in general. so if what they tell you doesn't fix your problem, don't give up there! 9 times out of 10 if you keep digging around on the internet you'll eventually find an answer to your problem.