Logi Nu

M510 mouse keeps on waking up computer

Hey everyone,

My M510 mouse keeps waking up my computer from sleep everytime the mouse gets moved. I did what this says: http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21706/section/troubleshoot/crid/428/lt_p...

But my mouse still wakes the computer. Can anyone please help?

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)

Re: M510 mouse keeps on waking up computer

Hi thejamesway, 

What version of Windows do you have? Please try plugging your receiver into a different USB port  (not in a USB hub or extension), and attempt the instructions once again, from the link below.

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21706/section/troubleshoot/crid/428/lt_p... 

Best Regards, 

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate

If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu

hey I have windows 7

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)

Were you able to try a different USB port? Also, please make sure that you are disabling all the HID Keyboard Device and HID-Compliant Mouse/Unifying entries (as there may be more than one listed).

If the issue continues, please contact Customer Support in your region for further assistance.

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate

If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Browser

I was having the same issue and the key was to disable "allow wake" for both "HID-compliant mouse" and "HID Keyboard Device". If you do that for mouse only, it will not work.

BTW, I also have a Logitech keyboard which I want to wake my computer so I left "Logitech HID-Compliant Keyboard" enabled for wake.

I don't really understand why you need to disable keyboard to have an effect on the mouse but it works for me.

Logi Nu

Thanks for your post.  This worked for me too, and I agree it's not optimal to have to disable both.  That means if you have both you're left w/ the power switch to wake up ... not too sharp.

Logi Nu

Hello im new here!

I have the same problem and i dont know how to handle it.Sorry that your are experiencing issues with your M510. Have you moved the USB receiver to a different port ?  Also if you are using an external USB hub or pass through device , please disable it for trouble shooting purposes.  Try using the mouse on a plain white sheet of paper .  If none of these resolve the issue please contact customer care for your region.

techyv.commouseissue

Logi Browser

I also have this problem and yes the only way to solve it is to uncheck "allow wake" on both HID-compliant mose and HID keyboard device but in my case doing that also won't allow me to wake my computer from sleep using my logitech keyboard EVEN though I left Logitech HID-compliant keyboard's "allow wake" CHECKED. Why so?

Logi Browser

BUMP! Mods, please help me!

Logi Browser

Why can't any Logitech REP reply to this question?!