Logi Nu

M555b loses connection

I know this is a common problem but I can not find the answer to fix this. After 1-2 hours my new M555b mouse loses connection and I can not get it back again without restarting my computer. The mouse shows up as a bluetooth device on my computer whether it is working or not. I am running HP laptop with windows 7 home premium. Cheers for any help.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)

Re: M555b loses connection

Hello Richland,

I would make sure your Bluetooth drivers are up to date. I would also try removing the device and re-adding it. I would also suggest resetting the mouse by taking the batteries out with the batteries out click the left and right mouse buttons for apron. 10-15 seconds. Put the batteries back in. If the problem persists I would recommend trying it on another PC to narrow down the problem.

Kind Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu

I've got the same issue on a MacBook Pro. My M555b loses connection after under an hour, and I can't get it back. It shows up as 'not connected' so I try to remove it and add it again, but it won't be found unless I restart.

Logi Nu

I had the same problem. Solved by accessing BT adapter in my computer and disable power management of BT by PC:

Control Panel > System and Security > System > Device Manager > BT adapter (Bluetooth Radios) > Power Management > disable the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Cheers :smileyhappy:

Logi Nu

@Tomajda That seemed to do the trick for me too, thanks!!

I have Lenovo X1 with Win 8 64 bit, so a bit different approach.  In Device Manager > Human Interface Devices > Right click Bluetooth HID Device > Properties > Power Management > Untick "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Sorted!

Logi Nu

i think the product is defective.

i am trying to figure out why logitech didn't just create the product without the bluetooth and use the really small usb dongle their really small mouse without the hyperscroll uses.

bluetooth is an engineering overkill.  usb is more reliable.

i had a logitech that was usb with a cable + the hyperscroll and it worked great ..

it's a shame they can't integrate the hyperscroll without the defective bluetooth stuff

Logi Nu

gives a whole new meaning to made in china

hahaha