Logi Nu
Eibhilin

M570 Problems

[ Edited ]

On my M570 the buttons seem to be misfiring, like doubleclicking things (my tools>folder options are not the issue, it does not happen every time), or when I'm trying to drag-select it lets go while the button is still pressed (like when I drag-move tangent handles in the graph editor in maya in Maya or even when I'm just trying to move things across my desktop) and it'll click when I depress it. When I try to select text on websites it deselects once I lift off the button (intermittently). I removed the ball to clean it. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, setpoint, moving the mouse closer to the receiver, checked for interference AND was able to replicate these issues on my Macbook which lives on the other side of my room. Nothing has been spilled on the mouse, nor does it feel sticky or like there is anything obstructing the buttons.

Any ideas what might be causing this? I've only had this mouse since November, for the first couple of months it was working fine. :smileysad:

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Re: M570 Problems

Hello Eibhilin,

Since the issue followed the M570 to a different computer, this indicates a hardware problem. You could try canned compressed air to clean around the contacts. You could also try removing the battery and with the battery removed, alternately left/right click for 20 seconds. Replace the battery and test the trackball. If the issue persists, please contact Logitech Customer Care for your region.

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
jhamilt4

I'd really like to know if compressed air works for this.

I've got the same problem with 3 MX Revolution mice and always chalked it up to low quality switches. They only seem to last 18-24 months.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Hello jhamilt4,

Generic mouse cleaning instructions.

1. If the mouse has an on/off switch, switch it off.
  2. Using a spray can of condensed air, spray in between the scroll wheel , the click buttons ,if there is a gap there and the laser eye opening. Do not blow air directly on one spot for very long or condensation can form.
  3. Use a damp cleaning wipe and wipe the body of the mouse.
  4. Use a cotton swab to gently brush out any dust around the laser or LED.
  5. Allow the mouse to fully dry before using it.

If you continue to experience an issue, test the mouse on a different computer, if the issue follows the mouse, you may have a hardware problem.

jhamilt4, the MX Revolution has a 3-year limited hardware warranty, you may want to contact Logitech Customer Care for your region to have the warranty status checked on yours.

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
tpneumat

There is at least one other thread on this issue, and I have this same issue on 2 different M570's.  See http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Mice-and-Pointing-Devices/drag-and-drop-double-click-problem/td-p/7125...

I ended up tearing mine apart and found the screws that hold down the PCB were not very tight, which allowed a little 'slop' when pressing.  Also, for good measure, I cut a tiny square of tape and added it to the stump on the case top piece that comes in contact with the left button switch on the PCB..making it a teeny bit longer.  So far, seems these 2 things helped and haven't had the issue yet (crossing fingers).

Logi Browser
Engel_Angel

To anyone interested in the M570 LB/RB weird behavior problem, I have started a general thread about it and would very much like it if any new post concerning this topic be continued there, so as to pool our ressources together :smileywink:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Mice-and-Pointing-Devices/The-M570-Trackball-LB-RB-Bugged-Click-Thread...