Logi Nu
chadthom

M570 frequently loses connection

Listed below is the Logitech answer to this question. It's not very complete and not helpful. I recently purchased this after my previous version died after 10 + years. The receiver was attached to a cord. I could move the receiver around on the occasional times when the connection would have problems. Now, the connection frequently/continuosly has problems, but the receiver plugs directly into the back of the CPU. Reaaranging my office setup dozens of times a day to relocate the CPU doesn't seem like a very practical solution.

Also,, it doesn't seem very realistic to keep the mouse and receiver away from "other electrical devices", such as monitor,  keyboard, printer, speakers, and all the other parts of my office.

Any practical suggestions, other that buying a different product that works as claimed?

If you have to constantly reconnect your M570, try the following:

• Keep other electrical devices at least 8 inches (20 cm) away from the USB Unifying receiver.
  • Move the mouse closer to the USB Unifying receiver.
  • Move the USB Unifying receiver to different locations.

Additional Information:

• Low batteries
  • Moving the USB Unifying receiver from one USB port to another
  • Moving the USB Unifying receiver to another computer
  • Plugging the USB Unifying receiver into a USB hub or other unsupported device such as a KVM switch (your USB Unifying receiver must be plugged directly into your computer)
  • Using your wireless mouse on metal surfaces
  • Radio frequency (RF) interference of more powerful wireless devices such as:

• Wireless speakers
    • Computer power supplies
    • Monitors
    • Cellular telephones
    • Garage door openers

If the above solutions do not resolve your problem, consult Knowledge Base article 18224 for instructions on contacting Logitech Technical Support.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
kpeppard

Re: M570 frequently loses connection

[ Edited ]

Hello chadthom:

Thank you for posting your issue to the Logitech Community Forums.

Have you tried to un-pair your M570 and then to pair your mouse to your receiver? To do this please follow the following steps:

If you have the device paired to a unifying receiver and then you want to revert back to a nano receiver, please do the following steps:

1) If haven't installed setpoint, please do

2) Go to Start

3) Go toAll Programs

4) Scroll down until come to Logitech

5) In the Logitech folder go to Unifying

6) Then go to Logitech Unifying Software

7) Click on Advanced. Then you should see the following screen

Unifying Software.jpg

8) Find your mouse and Un-Pair

9) Go to Start

10)Go to All Programs

11) Scroll down to Logitech

12)Goto Unifying

13) Go to logitech Unifying Software and pair the mouse to receiver.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
All opinions written here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer.
MichaelKenward
Topics: 16
Solutions: 203

I am reviving this discussion because it is the one that came up when I ran a search to find the solution to my own problem, which seems to be similar.

After months without problems, my PC suddenly started "losing" my otherwise excellent M570 Trackball.

The only change that I had made before it happened was to update the ATI/AMD video drivers. So I rolled back the drivers. But still the problem persists.

After working for a while, the Unifying Receiver just loses the Trackball?.

The usual Turn on and off routine, using a different USB port (all straight off the motherboard), unplug/reconnect the receiver. Try a different receiver.

Nothing brings it back to life. It can still be dead even after a reboot.

Eventually after messing around with everything, it may return to life. Unfortunately, the messing around seems to be a random event. I haven't been able to detect a pattern to either the failure or the recovery in the three days since it started.

Yes, I have done all of the things suggested in this discussion. Are there any other pointers to diagnosing this?

The good thing is that my K800 keyboard stays firmly connected to the same receiver. And I have an old style wireless mouse lying around. Which is how I managed to get here.

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint Control Centre version: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Hello MichaelKenward,

You mentioned that you have tried a different receiver but have you tried a different computer? You could also try removing the battery and with the battery removed alternately left/right click for 30 seconds replace the battery and test the mouse .  If the issue follows the M570 you may need to Contact Logitech Customer Care for your region.

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
MichaelKenward
Topics: 16
Solutions: 203

Good thought. I haven't tried a different computer.

Will give that a try.

I have two separate receivers so that should be easy.

Interesting that "with the battery removed alternately left/right click for 30 seconds replace the battery and test the mouse" might be something to try.

I have tried removing the battery. But maybe not for long enough.

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint Control Centre version: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.