Logi Nu
yamzta

M705 Scrolling Problem

I recently got a Logitech M705 Marathon Mouse and I do find the mouse to be very nice. I have always loved my VX Revolution and now this mouse, being almost exactly the same is also very nice. I did change the mouse weight by leaving only one battery in, feeling that as I'm going to leave this mouse with my laptop it should be light.

However, the hyper scrolling feature is definitely not as smooth on the 705 as it was with the VX. The clicked scrolling works fine, but as soon as I switch to hyper-scrolling, it seems like the mouse does scroll fast, but then it kinda does a rebound type movement. Like I have to hold the wheel after I scroll, otherwise when I pull it down and stop it, it scrolls down nicely, but then also moves up a few lines, like ten lines or so. It does this no matter if I scroll up or down and however hard or light I pull.

Anybody know anything about this?

Logi Nu
yamzta

Re: M705 Scrolling Problem

Anybody got anything? I don't have smooth scrolling set, and the Windows and Setpoint settings are both at 3 lines... and again, it's only the hyper-scrolling that screws up, the clicked scrolling is fine...

Logi Nu
mike_wong

I'm hoping to find something as well, but on the mac side of things. I actually have issues with the click scrolling as well. On my previous logitech, when scroll scrubbing through timelines (in final cut or audio apps), 1 click = 1 frame. But now it jumps from anywhere to 3 - 6 frames. 

Which is incredibly frustrating when I'm needing to be precise. I've been playing with all settings, and even attempted uninstalling the logitech management software to see if that helped at all. And, it did so marginally. Kinda bummed out, as otherwise I really like the feel of this mouse.

Logi Nu
ScottBolton

[Marathon M705, Vista]

I've got the same rebound problem as you. Also if I flick the mouse in one application and switch to another within half a second the scroll (or other action) continues in that window. I've disabled all the other "buttons" that just keep interrupting my work. Is there any way to disable the Hyper-Fast scrolling?

S

Logi Nu
cpower01

The only way I know of is to click the button under the track wheel.  I like the hyper scrolling most of the time, but in small windows that I can't resize (and even in my Inbox) it just scrolls too fast.

Logi Nu
cpower01

Actually, I did find a solution . . .

Make sure you don't have Smooth Scrolling enabled.  I tested it both ways and turning it off fixed it.

Logi Nu
ScottBolton

Smooth Scrolling made no difference for me, but the button did the trick - I wondered what it was for! Thanks a lot - I now have a usable mouse.

S

Logi Browser
ssiegrist

I'm experiencing the same rebounding problem.

I have turned off smooth scrolling and latest drivers installed, and no change.

Any solutions that stop this effect?

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
bphillips

Hi ssiegrist,

Please try setting the scrolling size to 3 lines and leaving smooth scrolling disabled. You can also try plugging the receiver into a different USB port on your computer (not in a USB hub or extension). If the issue persists, you can try doing a "caps drain" which basically drains any charge left in your mouse and is done by the following steps:

- remove the batteries from your mouse
- alternate right and left clicking for roughly 30 seconds
- unplug the receiver and plug into a different USB port
- replace the batteries
- turn your mouse off and then back on

- open up our Unifying Software

- un-pair and then re-pair your mouse

If the problem continues, please contact Customer Support in your region for further assistance/warranty information.

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate

If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Browser
ssiegrist

[ Edited ]

I have the settings you describe.

I followed all recommended adjustments and tried the caps drain approach...issue persists.

I will contact support, as you recommend, though I would like to know if this is an issue which has been addressed and resolved? This mouse is brand new, so will the replacement not have this issue?

It is worth noting that this is a replacement to my VX Revolution which ran it's course; I really enjoyed that mouse, and never experienced the rebounded issue.

-Scott