Logi Nu
MikeBrown30

MX1100 double clicking without me double clicking

For the past week the left click button on my MX1100 has been double clicking, even if I only click it once. It doesn't happen every time, but often enough to be an issue. A payment went through twice on Paypal due to this happening, very inconvenient. Any ideas?

Logi Nu
MikeBrown30

Re: MX1100 double clicking without me double clicking

Bump, anyone?

Logi Nu
rgrainer

All i can say is that i have had this happening to me as well. even before the latest setpoint update. It ticks me off and there doesn't seem to be a fix for this. There also seems to be a lack of response from forum admins or technical support people. This is so lame. It used to work properly when I first got the mouse and now it's happening from time to time and randomly. Someday it works as expected and other days it's a double click for a single click. Arghh

Also I have a MX revolution so it's not just happening on the MX1100

Logi Nu
MikeBrown30

Cheers for your reply rgrainer, I hope Logitech will offer some advice. If I had the mouse for a couple of years, I can understand malfunctions, but not a month after purchasing it.

Logi Nu
Tarevon

[ Edited ]

I am also having this issue and related to it my drag & drops cut midway now and then as well. I'm having this now with my 7 month old MX1100, and before that with a 1½ year old MX revolution.

I find this pretty weird since my old MX500 (If I remember the model right) is still working fine on another computer after 5+ years of more intensive use, as compared to the new ones (not to mention a lot more expensive) breaking so fast. I've contacted support about the issue but have received no reply.

Would it be so hard to make a fix that just prevents too fast double clicks ? Considering this doesn't seem to be that rare of a problem. It would still leave the problem with drag & drops cutting midway, but at least I wouldn't be clicking submit buttons twice accidentally.

Also It started with me as a random click about once a day, but then gradually started getting worse in both cases, now I'm having a double click every 30 clicks or so.

In some cases I hear it helps to set the mouse double click speed to 2 ticks from the fastest in your mouse properties. No luck here though.

edit: I stumbled upon another post here about the same issue and found a temporary solution at least for myself: disabling mouse acceleration seems to "fix" it, if you can live without it.

link to thread

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Mice-Trackballs/Strange-Drag-And-Drop-And-Select-Behavior-MX1100/m-p/4...

Logi Browser
Barebuns

I also have this problem on my MX 5500, although in my case it is two single clicks very close to each other, rather than a double click. It doesn't do it every time, it seems if I try a slow click I'm often able to get a good single click.

I tried setting up the mouse on another computer; on that computer it seemed to behave as expected, so I'm reasonably confident that it is the software/setup rather than the hardware.

I recently upgraded to the latest setpoint 6.20.50 with driver version 5.20.51, but that hasn't helped.

Logi Nu
brnac

Same thing happening to me.

Also update drivers, than make clean install, same thing happening.

It is obviously that device have fail.

Probably we need to have money back and / or device change option.

Now I need to buy cheep mouse in order to be able to work correctly.

It won't be Logitech of course.

Logi Browser
Smiro

Wow, this is an old thread.  Chances are if you are having this issue it means that the left click button has been worn out from everyday use.  Since the left click button is typically the most used button on the mouse this isn't at all suprising and is not uncommon to mice made by any manufacturer.  My suggestion would be to test the mouse on another computer first to see if you have the same issue.  Another thing to check is the double click speed under Control Panel>Mouse>Buttons tab.  Other than that i would try contacting logitech customer support to see if they can help you.

Logi Nu
twill7797

Hi,

I had the same problem with my MX 1100. To fix it yourself, disasemble the mouse and clean the microswitch. Here is a detailed video showing step by step instructions. This video is for a MX Revolution repair. The only difference between the two mice is one of the four screws holding the mouse together is covered by a large sticker in the AA battery compartment. I performed the repair and my mouse works great now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCcjd4ZMgnY&feature=related&ytsession=Xcr7BfiJU-2utZHcTxBvy2uKEQ7Akv5...

Logi Nu
ecchichuu

[ Edited ]

got the same doubleclick problem with my 2.5 yrs old mx1100. following twill's vid, opening the mouse up and dropping some isopropyl alcohol into the switches seems to have fixed it.

u know i had another logitech mouse whose left click also screwed up in only a few years too. altho the actual problem and fix were a bit different from this mx1100.

not too pleased with logitech mice durability...