Logi Nu
cocakolakid

MX518 - mouse intermittently disconnects and sensitivity changes on it's own

The mouse pointer would momentarily freeze as a tone would alert me that the mouse has become disconnected. A second later another tone would alert me that the mouse is now connected again. Sure enough, the pointer is no longer frozen and continues on as it normally would. Or....sometimes the speed would drastically drop that i would literally have to drag the mouse almost 4x further to get to its destination. Any suggestions or solutions?

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
bphillips

Re: MX518 - mouse intermittently disconnects and sensitivity changes on it's own

Hi cocakolakid,

Please try plugging your MX518 into a different USB port on your computer (not in a USB hub or extension).

You could also try using it on a second PC. If the issue continues, please contact Customer Support in your region for further assistance and to discuss the options available to you.

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate

If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
cocakolakid

Re: MX518 - mouse intermittently disconnects and sensitivity changes on it's own

thanks for responding to my post...

i figured out the issue with my mx518 mouse...the cable where it comes out from the mouse seems to be where the problem is located. A light tug on the cable or a quick back and forth movement with the mouse, the laser shuts off and the mouse disconnects...give it another wiggle and its back on again. Can this be easily fixed? Or is time to save up for another one?

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Hello cocakolakid,

Please contact Logitech Customer Care for your region as there may be options available for you.

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.