Logi Nu
Ceanox

[Mac] Mouse modifier problems.

Hello,

I am having some problems with my mouse buttons lately, I've got a Logitech MX400 Laser Mouse.

Inside Logitech Control Center I made a profile for World of Warcraft so I can use different mouse bindings.

With this profile I made my thumb buttons (4 and 5)  "special buttons" and binded them as Alt and Ctrl.

The problem that showed up is that I can't use them as modifiers inside the game, like Alt+1 and Ctrl+1.

If I bind the mouse button as "Alt+1" is works just fine, but if it's binded as Alt and I want to press it in combination with a keyboard key, it doesn't work correctly.

I have updated my LCC to the latest version 3.4.0

And I also asked it already on the game forums, but they coulded help me.

Forum post

Any ideas what could be ghosting around?

Greetz,

Ceanox

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
CarterW

Re: [Mac] Mouse modifier problems.

Hi Ceanox,

Can you please try in another program to make sure the problem is not exclusive to World of Warcraft. For example you can just open a text editor, hold the mouse button you have set on Ctrl, and make sure that no keystrokes register, or that it behaves the same way as if you held Ctrl on the keyboard.

Regards

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
Ceanox

Hello CarterW,

I tested it again in Word.

While holding keyboard Ctrl, nothing happened.

While holding mouse Ctrl, I was just typing characters.

While holding keyboard Alt, special characters showed up.

While holding mouse Alt, I was typing normal characters again.

So it's not realy behaving the same way.

Also, if I right click on my desktop and my little window pops up, is changes while holding Alt on my mouse like it shoud be.

Greets

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
CarterW

I just verified in our lab the modifier or keystroke option does a press and release, and unfortunately it's not possible to have the button held down.

There might be some third party mouse controlling software you can use, but I'm not aware of any off the top of my head.

Regards

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.