Logi Nu
MySchizoBuddy

Re: Mouse Double Clicks when I only Single Click

I'm using Mac OSX  and having the same issue. Your blame on Windows 7 is rubbish.

Logi Nu
DarekGrund

I had the same problem with my mouse. I was looking for possible solutions, but the only solution I found was this: buy new mouse. That's what everyone was saying.

It's hard to believe that this issue wasn't solved since 1964, when computer mouse was developed. Strange huh? What's even more strange, the solution is simple. I'm programmer and it took me only 6 hours to write program that fixes this issue. 6 hours to fix something that appearently couldn't be solved for 46 years?

Anyway, you can download the solution here: http://www.experienceit.pl/download - it was tested only on Windows Vista, so there's no guarantee that it will work on any other OS. This application was developed using C#, I can provide full source code so you can improve it. It works for me as it is, but there is always something that can be done better right?

Download this application here: http://www.experienceit.pl/download

Logi Nu
Darknebula

SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have tried many computers, uninstalling/installing Logitech drivers, clean installing Windows 7, keeping other wireless away or turned off...you name it I have tried it (maybe?).  After searching other forums I have found the solution!

The only solution is to replace the clicker. Yes, this will require soldering and no, you don't have to be an expert (I never soldered anything in my life and I did it the first time). You can get a 5-7 dollar soldering kit at Radio Shack. You also need an old or a mouse laying around for spare part. The part I am talking about is the little clicker manufactured by Omron. It is a shame that Logitech uses this cheap company.

I have been using my wireless Logitech mouse (with a new clicker) for more than 6 months and have no problems. Also, I'm using the standard windows drivers, since I don't have extra side buttons or anything special.

Logi Nu
CD72

very sad, i just found the same problem with my logitech M215 mouse.

Logi Browser
teamsix

I have the same issue with the m505 wireless mouse bought 5 months ago. The problem exists using two different computers and OSes, so it is not a software issue.

I have been waiting for an email response from Logitech since 14 April 2011 when they asked me for my warranty info. I hope they respond soon because the double-click issue is really annoying. I have a Logitech G3 wired mouse that works perfectly and does not have this issue.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
kpeppard

Hello all:

I am sorry to hear your issues regarding various mice double clicking when single clicked. If you go into:

Start->Control Panel->Mouse->Buttons Tab

On this tab, middle section, there may be the Double-Click Speed is to far to the right. If so, bring it down to mid way and try

using the single click again.

If that does not work, then please contact your Customer Service department within your region. There may be something that they can do.

Regards,

Kevin

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
All opinions written here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer.
Logi Nu
chrisathomeuk

[ Edited ]

Hey i got my MX revolution replaced in July 2010 bacause of this double clicking issue and you sent me a Performance Mx

i was very happy wiht this but now it does exactly the same thing, every window i try to drag maximises, every spreadsheet cell i click once is suddenly being edited and its driving me crazy ... again! even as i type this if i try to move the cursor using the mouse it selects entire paragraphs and i have to try 3 or four times to get a single click (yes ive checked the click speed setup in cp)

I really respect logitech peripherals, ive had a two of the beautiful old DiNovo sets, a 2.0 speaker set wich i still love, 2 G15's, 2 MX Revolutions and now this Performance MX and replacements have always been timely and well organised, support is great and the quality is overall really good but but this is the most fundemantal part of a mouse and it seems like youre still using the same poor quality micro switches*. I honestly cant understand why, its not like theyre cheap! and ive never heard of this issue with any other brand. Like putting a lawnmower engine in a ferrari.

Actually come to think of it my G15 (orange) screen keeps going blank until i reboot too, not sure if thats a software bug or something though tbh so i cant say that its logi's fault or my system being odd.

Can support message me regarding both of these so i can get this sorted out or atleast find out if its soldering / buying a new mouse and keyboard time?

PS i know im whining alot but its frustrating, im sure you understand

*EDIT: actually you might be using better switches by now, this mouse is probably quite old by now.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
bphillips

Hi chrisathomeuk,

Please ensure your mouse is fully charged and perform a caps drain, which can be done by following the steps listed below.

- Turn your Performance Mouse MX OFF
- Remove the battery
- Alternate right and left clicking for roughly 30-seconds
- Unplug the USB receiver and plug into a different USB port (not in a USB hub or extension)
- Replace the battery
- Turn your device back ON

If the issue continues, please try using your mouse while in clean boot mode.

You could also try plugging your device into a second PC. If the problem remains, please contact Customer Support in your region for further assistance and to discuss the options available for you.

Best Regards, 

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate

If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
waigy

The above post by bphillips sorted my double click problem with my M505 on Vista32.

An easy way to test it is using the double click speed adjustment in control panel/mouse properties.

Set the slider to fast and you should be able to constantly click (up to a few times a second) without opening the folder.

Before the fix my mouse was regularly opening this folder with a single click.

Logi Nu
ChrisBvv

Few insights into the problem.(1) DSP based mouse use chip to control freeze delay between individual click, if mouse is new this could be a manufacturing defect. 

(2) As mouse ages, return spring of click button loses stiffness and bounces under clicks and thus produces several clicks for one.Tough Fix: Open mouse replaced click sensors on PCB by desoldering, switching places of sensors and resoldering.

*****Easy Fix*****(1) Go to control Panel> Mouse >Double Click Speed and drag the slider to the middle between Slow and Fast.(2) Download Utility MouseFix version 1.0  http://www.mediafire.com/?2cr4157s0rtnm44(3) If rebinds keys and fixes double clicking, you can also use Left Shift as mouse click using this utility, Right Shift remains the same.