Logi Nu
impalpabl
Accepted Solution

Mouse is inadvertently mutli clicking on single clicks

About 15 minutes ago my logitech M310 started multi clicking. I know it isn't me that is clicking the mouse multiple times. If i go to minimize my browser window by clicking on the task bar the window will minimize on the click down and pop back up on the release of the click. Everytime i click something it does this. It took me 40 attempts to accept the terms of agreement just to make the account on the logitech website to post this.

~Windows Vista

~Logitech M310 (as read on bottom of mouse)

~Active Programs in use: FireFox, MineCraft, Skype.

Yes it's a wireless mouse

Yes my usb ports are fine

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Re: Mouse is inadvertently mutli clicking on single clicks

Hello impalpabl,

I understand how annoying this issue can be :smileysad:   But I have a few things for you to try .  Please remove the battery and alternately click left and right button for about 20 seconds put the battery back in and try it.  If it still has the issue move the USB receiver to a different port . If the issue persists try the following . 

1. Open Mouse by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Hardware, and then clicking Mouse.

2. Click the Buttons tab, and then do the following:

To change how quickly you must click the buttons to perform a double-click, move the Double-click speed slider towards Slow or Fast. ( Slower in your case)

If all of these fail to resolve the double clicking problem call customer care for your region.

Please reply with your progress if you have the time .

Thanks for posting

Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
impalpabl

Hello impalpabl,

I understand how annoying this issue can be :smileysad:   But I have a few things for you to try .  Please remove the battery and alternately click left and right button for about 20 seconds put the battery back in and try it.  If it still has the issue move the USB receiver to a different port . If the issue persists try the following .

--------------------

I restarted my computer and the problem persisted. I took the batteries out and pressed the left click button about 10 times and put the batteries back in but I still had the problem. Than i removed the batteries and tried your solution to take them out and tap both for about 20 seconds.

Well it seems to have solved my problem. Possibly something got caught into the mouse clicker and didn't allow it to disingage a click entirely, causing the multi clicking. Either way you were very helpfull. I do appreciate it.

Thanks a bunch, and have a nice day.

Logi Nu
Sunil1324

I called Logitech Support today.  I was told that this occurs because of residual electricity stored in capicitors after changing the battery.  I took out the battery and pressed both buttons for one minute while the mouse was on, and it solved the problem.  Let's see if its a permanent solution (or at least until the next battery change).

Logi Nu
DaBrWa

These recommended steps seem to alleviate the problem but only temporarily. Within minutes the problem returns. My mice work fine on my older computer, a Dell Inspiron530s running Windows XP; the problem is restricted to my new Dell Optiplex 3010 running Windows 7.