Logi Nu
Laku

Mouse recognition problems.

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone. I have a computer running windows7 32bit that worked fine with a microsoft usb keyboard/optical mouse setup. I switched a ps2 gateway mouse and used that for a while. When I try to switch back to my microsoft optical mouse, windows doesnt recognize it at all, not even an "unknown device" in device manager. I tried using one of my old logitech optical mice (an M-BJ58) with the same result- no driver install -windows doesn't notice it. I brought my logitech MX1000 laser mouse and hooked it up and it installed and worked fine. I know the older microsoft and logitech mbj85 work because they work on my other computer (its running windows7 64bit). I've also tried uninstalling the root hub ports and let them reset, and tried installing Mouseware, and setpoint to try to get the old logitech optical mouse working with no luck. All of the USB ports work fine with other devices. Could someone help me out with some advice as to why older mice don't work and my newer MX1000 does? I also plugged in an old ps2 track ball mouse and it started working, but then my usb keyboard stopped working. I think plugging in ps2 mice messed something up royally. I'm very good with computers and this is by far the worst problem I've had to figure out. Thank you!

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Logisgo

Re: Mouse recognition problems.

Hello Laku,

Have you updated your drivers lately? As this may help with this issue. Something else we can try is restarting you PC then plugging in your old mouse in. Please allow couple seconds to respond. Let me know how this goes.

I hope this helps!

Logi Nu
Laku

I use windows 7 which automatically installed the drivers, but now it doesnt install anything. I don't have the original gateway mouse any more. Thanks.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Logisgo

Hello Laku,

At this point, I would highly recommend to give us a call to our call center. This is so you may receive a more adequate response and/or action for your Logitech MX 1000 Laser Cordless Mouse. The number is 1-646-454-3200.

Our call center hours are:

Monday - Friday: 6am - 6pm PST
Saturday - Sunday: 7am - 5pm PST

I hope this helps.

Please note: The number provided applies for the US and Canada. If you live in a different country or region, click on the "Contact" link below. Here, you should find our support line for our control devices.