Logi Nu
r4vgt45

Re: Mouse turns off and on randomly with WINDOWS 7, HELP PLEASE

I'm having a similar problem. I have a Logitech G5.

Win7 pro 64bit

ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 MOBO

Intel i5 2005k 3.3Gh

16GB DDR3 RAM

I have the same random spells of on and off.

I''ve been using this mouse for 8 years and just and I just started having this problem last week. I been using it without issue for the past year on my current rig. I never installed any of the extra logitech drivers or SetPoint. I just plugged it in and Windows found what it wanted and since all the buttons worked I didn't mess with it.

Symtoms - fine for 30-45 mins then turn off few seconds then be fine for a while. repeat. after on/off happens multiple times the rate of on/off gets quicker to the point where it goes on/off so fast I can't use the mouse and windows stops recognizing it.  

Since the issue I have tried the original drivers from the disk SetPoint 2.4 and the newest 6.5. - fail

Tried to upadate the driver via device manager but is says that its up to date. - fail

Tried  unistalling and reinstalling the driver. - fail

Tried everyport on computer UBS2 and UB3. - fail

Tried ps\2 adapter and it wouldn't even turn on despite the drivers claiming to be installed. - fail

Tried to update the HD Adio driver as suggested but says is up to date. - fail

Tried redoing BIOs - fail

Tried updating all HIDs but all up to date. - fail

Tried Virus scan and Its Clean. - fail

Tried registery clean. - fail

Tried defrag. - fail

Tried Check Disk. - fail

One thing I have noticed is that when the mouse starts acting up I get a new entry in the device manager called Other devices and under that is one called Uknown Device. In the properties says "The drivers for this device are not installed. (code 28)" but when I try to update says it can't find any for it. I tried to force it to be my mouse but then I end up with to mice showing and the forced one says device is not functioning. I tried to just diable it but that didn't work either. Uninstalling it doesn't work either. Anybody think of anything Im  not please let me know.

Logi Nu
r4vgt45

[ Edited ]

Well this makes me feel really dumb.....

I had a audio out cord going from the front head phone jack to my Multi-Input wireless head phone hub. When I took it out my so I could listen to music through my TV speakers. I use my TV as my monitor so I have a audio out cord going from the back output to the tv.

When they are both plugged in the mouse has problems when its just one it seems to be fine.

Might just be a personal fix but its worth a try.

I will edit this if it doen't actauly fix it.

Edit

The mouse last longer without any issues but when it does act up it skips right to the completely unusable state.

PZ3
Logi Nu
PZ3

[ Edited ]

Well I have noticed that with my Logitech MX158 that it has gone crazy like the rest.

Most people said its during gaming like FP's etc. 

I think I found the root of the problem for the MX158. Its actualy quiet simple and shocking just pick up your mouse in front of you and turn it so the laser can be seen. Now shake your mouse rapidly. For me there is a sudden turn off and then back on when I stop thats the lights then the Windows BEDUNG switches in so the reason why this is happening is because for the MX158 has the cable going inside it then a sharp 90 degree angle turn so a slight fracture can cause this problem hence why its so common in gaming because the mouse is being moved vigurlously everywhere. Why its happening to people using the desktop or just browsing around? Because the wire has been damaged badly from moved around viguorsly that now is making it happen more frequent.

I would honestly recommend to anybody to switch their brand due to the fact that all theses issues have been located to LOGITECH. Because if what I read is true that means that all logitech mouses have a 90 degree turn for the cable so in time this will happen again.

Note: I am not sure so much about this 90 degree turn for the mouse cable inside the actual mouse but when I did pick it up gave it a quick rattle the light turned off and then on followed by the "BADOING" sound. So I am not far off. AND PLEASE DON'T DARE TELL ME THAT MY COMPUTER IS THE PROBLEM. because if it was why when I shake the MOUSE it turns off not the computer so yeah..

Please note that I am not exactly an expert in this, I have just gathered information from othe articles and came to this conclusion.

PZ3
Logi Nu
PZ3

My solution. (Please bare in mind that this is not a 100% reliable.)

What I did was something a little bit more complex than expected these are my steps I will make a youtube video to show you step by step but this is it on rough note form:

Step 1: First make sure you know what the problem is (For this its the wire thats been damaged in the 90 degree twist)

Step 2: Undo the mouse and seperate the usb cable from the mouse (I will show pictures)

Step 3: This is where it gets complicated due to the fact of some tools will be needed:

Solder

Soldering Iron

Clear space to work with

Wire cutters (http://www.sourcingmap.com/1018-awg-copper-electrical-wire-stripper-pliers-cutter-blue-black-p-21776...

Now that you have all the tools this is what you must do ( PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MESS UP YOUR MOUSE. THIS IS THE LAST RESORT)

Cut the area effected (90 degree turn wire)

Remove some of the plastic bit from the wire to show the copper (Do this to all)

Now get the end that you plug in to the mouse and do the same (Leave some space of wire)

Solder wires together (Take caution to the wires must match each other red to red etc.)

Close the mouse

You are done please note again that this is the last resort I will update if the mouse acts up

18/11/12 When this has been done

Logi Nu
dianep

Re: Bluetooth Mouse and Windows 7 problems

My Bluetooth logitech mouse no longer works with Windows 7 recent upgrades at all.  This is ridiculous, it asks for pairing numbers we don't have and never needed for a 6 year old mouse.  Did all the "fixes" they don't work there are s/w problems with Logitech and Windows 7.  Someone help us!

I have RBB93 bluetooth mouse

PZ3
Logi Nu
PZ3

Re: Bluetooth Mouse and Windows 7 problems

[ Edited ]

My attempt to help you.

Well I have been using logitech for quiet a while now and I can tell you one thing that I have gathered. Bluetooth mouses are genuanly bad, due to the fact they rely on the connection to the PC and that connection can be interupted quiet easely my last neighbours managed to slow my internet down by disturbing my connection.

So the best thing I can say realy is to just get a replacement moues that is cable. Even logitech cable mouses last longer than a bluetooth mouse. My bluetooth mouse that I had was dodgy similar model you can't fix them I opened it up unless you are willing to get it a new system inside it then just switch from bluetooth to cable. 

Think of it this way whats more faster wireless internet or a cable plugged in directly to your PC/Laptop.

Content Edited. Reason: Violation of Community Forums Terms of Use. While we welcome your opinions and constructive criticism, please note that Logitech reserves the right to remove material in violation of our terms of service. Intentional violation of our Community Forums Terms of Service may result in temporary or permanent account ban.

Logi Nu
GuruofLogi

[ Edited ]

ng07 and r4v's suggestion worked for now, it didn't work straightaway though, because I had to restart my laptop for the changes to take effect.

So once you change the settings, restart the computer.

Thank God and thank you guys.

Note: I have  a generic mouse not a Logitech, all this while I was blaming my Toshiba laptop but all praise be to God it isn't the case. Sorry Toshiba.

Turns out its more of a Windows problem.

If the problem reoccurs [God forbid] I will update you guys [God willing].

Bye for now and thanks for all the help.

Have had this problem since nearly 8-10 months!! 

Logi Nu
-Success-

i had a huge success on doin this what TheGuru on page 2 mentioned. i updated my REALTEK HD AUDIO driver to the new version, after the removal restart and install restart everything works normal for me. My mouse didn't show any abnormal behaviour from now on. All the tips before are crap, nothing worked except this. JUST UPDATE YOUR REALTEK HD AUDIO DRIVER! Thank ya the GURU! Hope this will help other ppl as well :smileyhappy: greetz
Logi Nu
ratdad

My MX518 has the same symptoms.  After spending hours debugging, I finally isolated the problem.  The wire that enters the base of the mouse becomes disconnected if the wire is deflected to a certain angle.  If I grab the wire about 1" away from the mouse and move the wire to a 45 degrees (or more) from the centerline, the mouse will become disconnected from the USB hub.  When I let go, the mouse reconnects.  As others have noted, I typically only experienced this problem while gaming,w here I would flick the mouse a lot.

Logi Nu
xanmore

[ Edited ]

My G500 had the same problem, turning on and off, mostly while gaming. So I started to fear that it was my PSU or motherboard.

After checking for solutions with drivers, different settings and testing different USB ports with the same mouse, none of it helped, then I saw what ratdad said and it turned out that if I angled my cord at the base of the mouse, it would turn off.

So there you go, try and see if it's the cord.

WARNING, trying this made it worse for me and now I have to get a new mouse, but if you want to be certain this is your problem and if you're ready to buy a new mouse, try bendning your cord at different points.