Logi Nu
willyd213

Mouse turns off and on randomly with WINDOWS 7, HELP PLEASE

Hi all,

I have a Logitech MX518 and I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit system.  I've never had a problem with this mouse until I recently switched to Windows 7.  My mouse was working perfectly fine for about 1 month or 2, but now it turns on and off randomly.  While it turns off and on it will play the Windows Tune from pluggin and unplugging the mouse in but my mouse is plugged in the whole time. This problem only occur when I'm using the mouse.  Sometimes when the mouse shuts off and on, it won't turn back on if i'm moving the mouse constantly, I got to let go of the mouse and set it still for it to come back on.  Than sometimes it'll just spas out and turns on and off many times in a 10-20 second interval. It seems like it is completely random.   But it only happens when I'm using the mouse. It is driving me nuts. I've deleted the previous mouse driver and downloaded the MX518 drivers for Windows 7 from the Logitech Website and this problem still occurs.

I have a 2nd MX518 and it does the same problem.  I've tried pluggin in differn't hubs but the problem still persists. I'm mostly thinking its a bug in Windows 7 and I want to fix it.

Logi Nu
Schmid

Re: Mouse turns off and on randomly with WINDOWS 7, HELP PLEASE

[ Edited ]

Yes, I have exactly the same problem, and the problem is increasing in the past weeks to the point that it prevents me from competitive gaming and even doing the simplest task as efficient as I'm used to.

The problem is getting more frustrating also because the customer support seems absolutely clueless. They keep suggesting stupid sh!t like checking my Human Interface Device service. If that service wouldnt be running, I woulnt be able to move my mouse AT ALL. That is a distinct difference from the mouse randomly turning off!!

Then they told me to test the mouse on a different computer. They would have better suggested testing a different mouse on the same computer, because thats the ****ing machine I want the mouse to be running. Neither do I want to go check, nor do I care if the mouse works on my sisters laptop, I want it to work on MY COMPUTER, like the mouse did for the past years.

I've had so much respect for Logitech, but the way they "handle" this problem is absolutely ridiculous. When a mouse turns off Every 30 seconds for about 5 seconds, that is not a minor problem. When a mouse randomly switches its sensitivity (which comes with the mouse drivers rebooting), that is not a minor problem. When Customer support cant fix a problem or at least explain to its Customers what the problem is,  that is not a minor problem. That is a problem that needs to be investigated. There has be money and time spent on this matter. But I see no such actions. All I see is an intact mouse, 6 different USB ports, the correct drivers for the correct Windows, running services and even a manually cleaned laser.

But yet somewhere in between, things are ****ing up, and I will not accept this to be my fault, nor do I think it is my obligation to invest time and money into this problem.

In fact, the situation so significant, buying a new mouse wont even fix the problem. Changing the Manufacturer is the solution.

Logi Nu
Wardust2113

I am using a G500 that has become the second consecutive Logitech mouse to have this problem.  It started about a week ago, and has been getting rapidly worse.  This mouse is a replacement Logitech sent me when my last mouse (a G9) had the same problem.  I've had this mouse less than a year.

While I'm glad Logitech is at least willing to replace defective mice, this is very frustrating to have the exact same problem on a new mouse after less than a year.

Of note, I'm using Vista-64, not Windows 7.

yeh
Logi Nu
yeh

I wonder if this is a similar situation as the one I just posted...

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Mice-and-Trackballs/VX-Nano-Receiver-being-turned-off-by-USB-host/td-p...

you guys are using corded devices but it appears to be a similar.

Try pulling up device manager and expanding the usb and mouse tabs with a working mouse, then plug in your logitech mouse but dont move it.  I wonder if you will observe the same behavior...

Logi Nu
Private J0ker

I am having the same problem, same time frame and sounds happen when it goes out. Then it randomly comes back on or i have to unplug it and plug it back in. **bleep**? i have the G5 mouse. I love the mouse but i want it to work. I keep getting killed in BFBC2 because i lose power to my mouse. Is anyone at logitech working on this issue and are you going to respond to this thread please???????????????????? help us, i am seeing this problem all over the net!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XKX
Logi Nu
XKX

I have same IDENTICAL problem and I'm on windows 7 64-bit.

I have a logitech premium optical wheel mouse (M-BT58).

it started 1 month ago...previously i have never had problems...

it's driving me crazy while i work or while i game.

no solutions yet ? it's incredible.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Hello XKX,

Please move the mouse to a different USB port . If you are using an external USB hub or pass through device please disable it for trouble shooting and plug the mouse directly in to the system.  If you have connected the mouse using a USB to PS/2 converter please power your system off and remove the PS/2 converter and reconnect to a USB port.  If these steps do not resolve the issue please try the mouse on a different system if possible. Please post the P/N or S/N of the mouse .

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
Devonwsmart

That helps nothing at all if you read the posts that have already been posted they explain that people have been telling us this already. I'd rather just get a mouse from a different company then buy a new computer so that the mouse works.

Logi Browser
n49o7

Re: Mouse turns off and on randomly with Windows 7

Could it be the power settings? Windows 7 will cut power to the USB ports after a while, to save energy... I'm far from sure it's relevant but you can change that setting in the Control Panel: "Power options" > "Change plan settings" > "Advanced power options" > "USB Settings". Disable "Selective supspending". If the M1100 works fine, though, it's a mouse/model -specific issue.

Logi Nu
vin1

Re: Mouse turns off and on randomly with Windows 7

I also am having this problem using windows 7 64 bit and a G5 mouse this has only started this last couple of months tried

changing the power settings also differant ports neigther working mouse goes off for about 3-5 seconds then comes back on

not good when your gaming is there a solution or is the mouse knackered then i can get sorted and get another mouse only had this one 18 months