Logi Browser
Lubbie

MousePad Help! Why wont mouse work on it

[ Edited ]
Whenever I use my mouse on this pad..... It seems to jump around alot can you tell me why....

It has a hard surface.....It's Not cloth - It is a Ridgid textured surface....It wont absorb water, That's the most I can describe the surface.... I don't really see a reason why my mouses won't work on this pad, Is there anyway I can fix, any non fancy mosue that will work on this mouse pad like the M-SBF 90....Or the M-BJ 58...I have an optical mouse it is an M-SBF69

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you guys think any of these mouses will work on this pad...
LOGITECH M-BJ58 OPTICAL WHEEL MOUSEM-BJ58    New optical sensor with up to 800 DPItwice the speed, twice the accuracy.
Tracks motion optically without a ball.
Comfortable for either hand.
Easily navigate the Web.

Click to enlargeM-SBF90

This is a regular 400 DPI Mouse

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the mouse I have, it is 400 DPI and it wont work on the pad m-sbf69-1.jpg

Tell me which is more likely to work, or will work... Ty

-Lub

Message Edited by Lubbie on 06-07-200612:48 PM

Logi Browser
ChowderFountain

Re: MousePad Help! Why wont mouse work on it

Does the mouse pad have a shiny gloss finish or a dull matt finish. If its shiny that can cause problems with optical or laser mice. The other possible issue could be the pattern that is on the the mouse pad. Some patterns just don't work well for optical mice. Since it sounds like it works well everywhere else you may want to consider another mouse pad. If you are really attached to it you may have to go through some trial and error until you find a mouse that works. I would buy mice from a place where you can live with the return policy if you keep the pad.
Logi Browser
Lubbie

Do you think any of the mouses I posted would work, I did get some Logitech Mice that worked but I didn't want to spend that much money. So I took it back...

Logi Visitor
Core

i think MOST optical mice wouldn't work on that surface. if it's grey yeah prolly, but if it's got a reflective surface, nada.
Logi Browser
Lubbie

Does the color matter? Why do they even make these mouse pads if no mouse will work on them
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
rick

Color does matter. White non-reflective surface is the best for tracking. Black not nearly as good. Anything reflective or clear is the worse.
Logi Nu
jimn

Why did anyone ever make the Yugo? No seriously, many people still have mechanical mice.. which don't care what the mouse pad looks like. Optical mice nead a surface they can reflect the light from the mouse and see "texture" which is why glass doesn't work.