Logi Nu
AndreasKofod
Accepted Solution

Pairing Performance mouse MX with two different unifying receivers?

Hi

I'm getting a Performance mouse MX with the unifying receiver as well a keyboard with a unifying receiver.
As I'll then have two receivers I'm interested in knowing if it will be possible to pair the mouse with two receivers such that I can use it with both my desktop and my laptop?

Thanks in advance

Logi Nu
asdf2

Re: Pairing Performance mouse MX with two different unifying receivers?

My understanding is you can pair multiple mice and keyboards (up to 6) to a unifying receiver, but you cannot pair a mice or keybaord to multiple unifying receivers.

Logi Browser
elsandalos

I just bought a Performance MX mouse and a K340 keyboard with the intention of leaving one receiver at work and one at home.  The mouse was so expensive, I planned to use it at work and home and thus wanted to pair it with two receivers simultaneously. I have found that this is not possible.  The unifying software application must write to the firmware of the mouse itself and the mouse isn't capable of remembering more than one pairing.  So I paired it at work, then paired it at home, then took it back to work and the first pairing was broken.

So the unifying technology is great, but the mice and keyboards cannot be paired with more than one receiver simultaneously. :smileysad:

Pete

Logi Browser
Gertlex

On the off chance that you're using both the laptop and desktop at the same time, you can use a software KVM switch (see wiki) such as InputDirector to move the mouse between the two via software.

If for transport purposes you're desiring the above, you could always tape the USB port extender underneath a table where you can reach it, and then bring the adapter with you... along with the keyboard and mouse.

Logi Nu
Steve_K

Ok this review is from 2010 it's now 2013 and I am having the same problem.  Has Logitech not addressed the issue so uses can use one mouse and keyboard with a KVM switch linked to multiple Unifying receivers?

Logi Browser
TimTheTechie

[ Edited ]

I don't think there is a way to connect the one mouse to multiple computers, at once. But I'm pretty sure that you can have multiple devices connected to the same reciever. Best of luck!

----------------------------

Timothy