Logi Nu
Orion76

Re: Performance MX Mouse scroll wheel stopped working randomly

Definitely a software problem- I have used my MX for over a year, maybe close to 2, without any problems on my old Win 7 32-bit rig.  After getting new rig and having Win 7 64-bit, i now run into the prolem where the scroll wheel stops scrolling after about a day.  Rebooting Windows corrects this, but nothing else I have done has.  I've also had intermittent issues with pointer studdering and lag, but these have seemed to have resolved.  Hopefully, this issue can be fixed with a driver update, but I'm not going to hold my breath for that.  All my mobo drivers and BIOS are up-to-date as well, so it has to be the software.  Even pressing the scroll wheel down still functions correctly when the wheel doesn't scroll.  Very strange.  Logitech I've been buying your mice for over a decade- please fix this!

Logi Nu
Chrispie

Have anyone manage to resolve the Win7 64 bit issue.... I also have to restart every 2nd day.

Logi Nu
matthewpavkov

[ Edited ]

My Performance MX mouse scroll wheel stopped working. One moment it was scrolling and the next it was not. I noticed that in SetPoint, it was still recognizing input from the scroll wheel.

I tried restoring default settings, but that didn't help. Eventually, I restarted my computer and my scroll wheel is working again. I have the latest version of SetPoint with Windows 7 (64-bit).

Logi Nu
CR999

My MX mouse has been working perfectly on Win 7 64-bit for almost a year, and on Win XP 32-bit for a year before that.  Now, on Win7 64-bit the scroll wheel stops working and the only solution I have found is a reboot.  All other solutions already posted here have been tried, but only a reboot works.

SetPoint Control Center 6.51.8

Driver version 5.50.98

Help please!!!

Logi Nu
CR999

I closed the SetPoint Mouse and Settings icon in the system tray and the scroll wheel started working again.

Logi Nu
nikonino

[ Edited ]

Since I had to reinstall Windows on a new system, I decided to use the latest drivers (which is the same version as yours). Therefore I knew it was not the hardware, because on the old system it still worked as expected.

One interesting fact is, that I don't have the "MicroGear Precision Scroll Wheel"-Tab. Instead I have an "Extended Settings"-tab (sorry, my language settings are German, so I don't know how this would be named exactly in the english settings). This is curious in the way, that you can see the screenshot of the "Precision Scroll Wheel" tab (in english) on the german!!! support page for the Performance MX mouse.

For everyone who also has the "Extended Settings" tab, here is my simple solution to the problem: On that tab there is a checkbox for applicationspecific button configuration. I unchecked it and "tada"... scrolling worked again. Then my bravery climbed never seen heights :smileylol:, I rechecked it aaaaaand the scroll wheel still worked as expected. So, no need to disable the SetPoint software.

Hope this helps at least some of you guys (and girls of course too) out there.

Logi Nu
Kvwielink

Is there any official support from Logitech on this issue? I have the exact same problem. I've owned a performance mouce for a few years now and never had this issue on my old 32 bit operating system. I recently got a new laptop and changed to a 64 bit system (still Win 7). Ever since the scroll wheel has stopped working randomly. The only way to get it working again is to close the setpoint software, but of course then I lose the custom configurations for the mouse (and my keyboard). I can restart setpoint again but it's only a matter of time before the problem resurfaces.

This is a serious pain in the *ss. I bought the Performance mouse for the flexibility and programmability so turning setpoint off is not an option. This seems to be a persistent and well known problem by the looks of it (Google provides plenty of users with similar experiences) and it all seems to be related to an x64 operating system. What's Logitech's reply to all this?

Logi Nu
kevrh

Yes! This worked for me. I closed (Exited) the Logitech app in the tray. Then the pointer slowed but wheel worked again. I went to Programs and re-launched the Mouse and Keyboard settings app, then adjusted the pointer speed. Thanks!

Logi Nu
debbiejoy

It worked!! Thank you so much!

I removed the logitech icon from my taskbar and it worked.

Logi Nu
debbiejoy

Removed the icon from the taskbar. My scroll is now working. :smileyhappy: MAGIC