Logi Nu
austriker
Accepted Solution

Performance MX Mouse scroll wheel stopped working randomly

Hello,

I bought my performance mx mouse online about 1.5 months ago and its amazing. However 4 days ago it stopped scrolling. The physical wheel will still move but the computer does not recognize it. I tried shooting some air via a hand pump (rocket) and that didnt help. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the logitech software on my mac.  I am running snow leopard on an imac. I did get the mouse refurbed online so Im hoping its just not a dud or something..

Any ideas?! Please help!! I did a search and found only one post from a few years ago where it started working again. This scroll wheel is crucial for me as I use it a ton when editing photos! 

Help! Thanks!!

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
ebona

Re: Performance MX Mouse scroll wheel stopped working randomly

Hi austriker,

Do you have another computer that you can test the mouse on?

It could be a bad mouse. Try taking the batteries out and holding down left and right click for 15 seconds, then put the batteries back in.

If that doesn't work, you should contact customer support in your region.

Regards, 

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
austriker

Hey

Thanks for the help! I was going to test it on another computer today but then... I noticed the battery was down to one. Previous days it was at 3 and 2, so I doubt this was the issue. But when I plugged it in to charge, the scroll wheel started working!!! Yay. I also used compressed air again last night, so Im not sure which fixed it.

It feels so good to be able to scroll again!

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
ebona

You're welcome, 

I'm glad it's working for you now!

Hopefully it will stay that way.

Thank you for using the Logitech forums austriker.

Regards, 

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
austriker

Dang.

No luck. After a week or so it has stopped scrollling. I tried to flush it with more compressed air as well as do your reset method but alas no scroll.

I guess I will reach out to logitech. It is so frustrating to not be able to scroll. I had such high hopes for the mouse.

Logi Visitor
bdaul

I have the ongoing problem.  The last time I read this forum...hooked my mouse up to power and it worked again.  It stopped working (greyed-out) on preferences under LLC configure scroll-wheel  AGAIN today...just plugged it in...charged to 3 bars and it still doesn't scroll.  There are TWO issues:

1. How to fix permanently/

2. What causes it?

Thanks

Logi Nu
austriker

Sorry to hear that. I could not figure and had to reach out to logitech support to help me evaluate it.

Logi Nu
jagme

My does that every time it needs recharging-- so that mey be all it needs.  Becasue my problem is-- why doe it need to be recharged so often???

Logi Visitor
bdaul

Now even when the mouse if fully charged it won't scroll...I even purchased a new battery.  I have it plugged in while using it...blew the air on the  scroll wheel.  Nothing is working now.   I highly DO NOT recommend this mouse.  This shouldn't be happening without a solution.  I had the mouse replaced when this first happened last year.  

Logitech....tell me your quality hasn't gone down a bit!

---HELP

Logi Visitor
bdaul

BTW., my MX 510 scrolls fine.