Logi Nu
Chitostyle

Performance MX and Mountain Lion problems

[ Edited ]

I installed Mountain Lion on my Retina MBP this week and my Performance MX mouse stopped working properly. I can move the cursor around, but mouse clicks dont' seem to work properly, especially when trying to drag windows around. It seems like it can't hold down mouse clicks or something.

Anyone else have this problem and/or know how to fix it? I cannot work without a mouse, and am off to buy a Razer Mamba today now that I'm mouseless (I can't trust buying another Logitech wireless atm because it may not work with Mountain Lion either); but would like to have my Performance MX work still as a backup.

Logi Browser
bailout

Re: Performance MX and Mountain Lion problems

[ Edited ]

I am having the same issue.

When using the Perfromance MX mouse with some software, and doing tasks such as highlighting copy, it will

not work correctly. It does funny things, like start highlighting, then stop highlighting, and then highlight only a part of what I wanted to copy. Or like you are saying, when dragging windows around, etc. There are definite issues. Especially with InDesign and Dreamweaver.

I switched to someone's Logitech M310 and noticed no issues whatsoever.

Was thinking of switching to a wired mouse, but then, maybe it's just the "Performance" MX that has these issues.

And by the way, I am using with Windows 7.

Logi Nu
mlittle1105

Having all sorts of issues since Mountain Lion install. Mouse seems very imprecise and when I'm in Adobe applications, the cursor flickers incessantly. Very annoying.

Logi Browser
bailout

It is beyond imprecise when using Adobe applications. It is downright annoying and frustrating to deal with and hinders a smooth work flow.

I'm looking into getting another mouse. Any suggestions?

Logi Nu
tljuly3

I thought I would add to the list.  The front and back buttons do not work for me in any of my web browsers.  Instead, the buttons move through spaces.  I hope an update comes out soon.

Logi Nu
JeffBeck

Same problems as listed above, come on logitech, get with it.

Logi Nu
Chitostyle

[ Edited ]

bailout wrote:

It is beyond imprecise when using Adobe applications. It is downright annoying and frustrating to deal with and hinders a smooth work flow.

I'm looking into getting another mouse. Any suggestions?

I'm using it for Adobe apps as well, and picked up a Razer Mamba. It's amazing. Much more precision and smoothness than the Performance MX. Fantastic mouse, including in Mountain Lion.

There are some downsides, though. It requires a much bigger base receiver (the receiver is the charger as well), so not that great if you're bringing your laptop/mouse around if that's how you use it. Also, Mountain Lion changed the way their back/forward work and the side mouse buttons that normally default to back/forward in a browser don't work atm. You may have to create a macro and assign it to those buttons to make it work.

This is my first Razer mouse and it's phenomenal for design. I would consider the Razer Orochi as well if you have a laptop because it is bluetooth, but is a smaller mouse and less ergonomic than the Performance MX.

Logi Nu
m4r8

Same problem here. Please help me logitech.