Logi Nu
digital99

Re: Performance MX mouse double clicking

I just had to register to say thank you to 

I finally gave up and accepted that my mouse had won the battle, went out and bought a new one today (same model because I love this mouse a little too much!). As I got home and about to throw away my old friend and enemy, I thought perhaps I would go look up on the net to identify other victims who have been defeated just like me. Then came across this thread and the potential fix, I got really excited and tried it out. Exactly 30 seconds later, my eternal enemy has become my old trusty friend once again. Words could not describe my happiness but I was also left with guilt for all the punishment that I had put it through this whole time. It's incredible that it's still working after being elbowed and smashed to all kinds of object god knows how many times.

So thanks again jlohnes for rescuing my mouse. I'm going to reunite with my dear friend here and return the new one to the store tomorrow.

Logi Nu
Cotelio

Gah! the "static discharge" worked about as well for me as the "blow really hard around the mouse wheel" fix x_x

I'm not doing that every 2 minutes.... going to open it up and see if I can fix it.

Logi Nu
neterall1

Thank you 

Logi Visitor
mwchang

[ Edited ]

Yoru suggestion seemed to fixx my G500 (wired mouse) as well....

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-series-Gaming-Mice/G500-SetPoint-6-32-double-clicked-when-I-only-sin...

It worked for a few minutes, and then the problem came back again.

If it's really about static energy building up in the mouse, is there a long-term hardware fix, like soldering something to discharge the static in the USB connection?

Logi Nu
Goosey

I'm having the same trouble with my mouse.  I'm on a Mac Pro.  Originally I had an Apple mouse but then switched to a Microsoft Razer Mouse(USB).  It was then I started getting double clicking but it didn't always happen.  So I switched to Logitech Performance MX (Wireless Blutooth) thinking it may be the mouse.  But it didn't fix the problem.  

It just happens when I'm selecting things fast.  Like I'll select files one by one by holding Command and clicking but if I select too fast, it will open all the files I selected like I double clicked but I didn't.  It's really annoying because I will have to wait maybe a full second to two seconds between selecting another file.  I tried turning down double click sensitivity but it doesn't work.  I don't think it's a static electricity problem because the original mouse was USB.  Is there a fix for this on the Mac?  

Logi Nu
Junglefish

Credit to jlohnes, the static tdischarge trich seems to have worked. maybe i'll lay off the super fast mouse wheel thingymabob when navigating long pdf documents.

Cheers

Logi Nu
onlycodered

Thank you jlohnes for that solution! Worked perfectly! I was about ready to throw my mouse out the window.

Logi Nu
Phi1osopher

"

jlohnes wrote:

Hello iwantevenmore, 

This can be caused by static energy trapped inside the capacitors in the mouse. To drain this static energy, please plug the Unifying receiver into a different USB port and follow this procedure:

1. Shut off the mouse and remove the batteries.

2. Press all the buttons repeatedly for 30 seconds. This will drain all the static energy that may be trapped in the mouse.

3. Put the batteries back in the mouse and turn it on.

4. Wait a few seconds for it to re-connect and test the buttons.

If this does not fix your issue, please contact the customer support team in your region for more assistance, including a possible warranty replacement.

Regards,

I registered for the forum, solely so I could thank you for this solution.

THANK YOU!  It fixed my mouse, and I was preparing to buy another expensive one.

Best wishes,

Phi1osopher

Logi Nu
ngoan

Thank you for telling me a crappy fix to your crappy product--I registered to say that.

Logi Nu
stevenal

So my MX5500 Revolution mouse has internal rechargeable batteries. Is there an alternate way to perform this fix, or do I need to disassemble the mouse? And if disassembly is needed, please provide instructions.