Logi Nu
mkhadi1
Accepted Solution

Performance MX mouse double clicking

This used to happen on the MX revolution I previously had but now is happening on the Performance MX I own also. The mouse registers a double click when I click only once. Extremely frustrating when you are trying to move windows/icons/select text.

Has anyone else had the same issue on the Performance MX? Does anyone know a solution to the problem, is it hardware or software? This problem started a few weeks ago after working fine since I got the mouse in October of last year.

Logi Visitor
naokaji

Re: Performance MX mouse double clicking

Most likely it is a Hardware fault, there is a simple test you can do to make sure, swap the left and right mouse button in SetPoint, if the problem then doesn't happen on the right button it is a Hardware fault, either way, best option is to Contact Customer Service.

Logi Nu
russws

[ Edited ]

My MX 1100 is now doing that, perhaps 2 years old. This is my third Logitech Mouse to end up with the same problem, and it is pretty easy to find forum threads with the same problem. If it's out of warrenty, it's time to buy a new one. Logitech won't help. Get used to it.

Logi Visitor
naokaji

That is not true, just be nice to whoever you talk to on the Phone and there are a whole lot of options even when its out of Warranty, but remember, if its outside of Warranty it will just be Customer Service being nice to you, so make sure you leave a good impression.

Logi Nu
John4582

I have two Performance MX mice, recieved them at the end of Dec. 2009. Everything worked great; I flat loved them, but after a year or so when you use the left click mouse button it double clicks when you only want to single click. Same thing happened with the last two Logitech mice (MX1000) that these replaced. My 10 year old Logitech mouse still works great but I can't use it anymore because it won’t connect to any of my computers without an adaptor and then I'm not sure it would function right.

I believe there's a Manufacturing flaw in the clicking mechanism of the MX mice that shows up after about a year or so that needs to be corrected.  I’ve had 4 MX mice with the exact same flaw and it's not me or the way I use the mouse or OS related, because my wife uses one on a Vista OS and I use one on a XP MCE, Win7 Pro, Ubuntu/Linux multi-boot OS and both of our mice are having the same problem, only this time my wife’s mouse went first and is worse, last time with the MX1000 mice mine was went first and was wrose.

I'm not sure what Logitech is doing in their design department but as far as I'm concerned I don't think that I'll be buying and/or recommending any Logitech products anytime soon, at least not their mice products. Although, I would have to say that their support is up there with the best of support staffs that I've had to deal with in my 30+ years working with computers on a daily basis. I've not contacted them about my Performance MX mice because I doubt that they will do anything about the problem because they're the mice they gave me to replace the MX1000 mice. I may contact support just so they have a record that the problem still exist in their MX mice.

Logi Nu
John4582

naokaji, I agree with your 1000%.

Logi Browser
westeban

Logi Visitor
Thundervore

It is the contacts on the left click dying.

I had the same issue with mine after a year of owning it, it was double clicking, dragging and dropping was a nightmare, and highlighting things was even worse.

i contacted Logitech and it was repalced, even my middle click works better now.

Logi Nu
iwantevenmore

My mouse just started doing the same...it is just a year old. I thought mine would be one of those rare case but apparently this is a known issue. unfortunately i bought 2 of this around the same time last year.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
jlohnes

Hello iwantevenmore, 

This can be caused by static energy trapped inside the capacitors in the mouse. To drain this static energy, please plug the Unifying receiver into a different USB port and follow this procedure:

1. Shut off the mouse and remove the batteries.

2. Press all the buttons repeatedly for 30 seconds. This will drain all the static energy that may be trapped in the mouse.

3. Put the batteries back in the mouse and turn it on.

4. Wait a few seconds for it to re-connect and test the buttons.

If this does not fix your issue, please contact the customer support team in your region for more assistance, including a possible warranty replacement.

Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.