Logi Rook
John B.

Performance MX recharge time

So the OEM battery in my Performance MX lasted exactly 7 days on it's out-of-the-box charge.  That's fine, as I use it very frequently.  I plugged in the micro USB charging cable expecting a recharge to take no more than 3-4 hours.  After 5 hours, the mouse is getting fairly warm, and neither the mouse nor SetPoint are showing any change in battery level.  Both show charging, but the battery level isn't creeping up as I expected, so I give up and switch out the OEM battery for a freshly-charged Energizer 2300 mAH that I have on hand.

How long is it supposed to take for the Performance MX to recharge its OEM battery?  Is the battery meter on the mouse and in SetPoint supposed to creep up as it's gaining charge?  Is it normal for the mouse to get fairly warm while recharging?

Thanks...

Logi Rook
John B.

Re: Performance MX recharge time

Would someone else with this mouse please let me know how long it takes to recharge, and how warm it gets while recharging?  Thanks...

Logi Rook
John B.

Anyone at all?

Logi Nu
julieann60

Hi I charged mine from the socket in the wall not the usb on a computer and it took about 3-4 hours, it seems fine and no it did not get too warm. I know a lot of people are complaining about this mouse but mine is fine and last for ages each charge and I never hardly turn it off.

Hope this helps

Julie

Logi Nu
biznatch

[ Edited ]

I just (reluctantly) replaced my MX revolution with a Performance MX.  It charges fine (from my computer's USB, haven't tried the wall plug) but does get pretty warm on the right hand side (where your pinky finger goes) when charging, warm enough that it is a little uncomfortable to use for long periods of time while it's charging.  I don't know if this is normal for this mouse.

Logi Browser
Subaru

Hello John B.

I have just recharged my MX Performance this morning and took note of the recharging time.

I am using a Energizer Extreme 2300mah battery,i changed to a higher capacity for longer life,which gives me approx 7 days with moderate use?.of 4 to 5 hrs a day.

The charging time today was 2hrs 15 min.I always run the battery down to a critical level, then recharge which i believe leads to a longer battery life..The mouse was only just warm at the finish of charging. The Setpoint meter always says full..

I only ever use the wall charger during charging,during that time i use my MX Revolution which is a better mouse all round..

Subaru