Logi Nu
Weidass

Performance MX short sleep timeout and unifying receiver problem

[ Edited ]

Hey guys, and logitech peeps, looking into this sleep problem a few of us are having, ive narrowed it down to some specific circumstances.

Basically, after only 10 seconds of no movement, the mouse goes to sleep. And regardless of movement, or button press, stays in sleep mode for 3 seconds, where, after the 3 seconds, the mouse wakes up, battery lights come on, and i have instant response for another 10 seconds.

This cycle repeats, as far as i can see, endlessly.

Does anyone know of a fix, or otherwise, solution to this annoyance?

Setpoint 4.80H, x64

Mouse firmware, 015.000.00060

Unifying Reciever Firmware, 012.000.00017

Also, the mouse only has this problem, when running off batteries, not direct from the usb cable.

any help appreciated.

Edit : Ok, further to my previous problem, im now having a problem with the mouse pairing up to the receiver.

Basically, when i got home from work, mouse being on charge since last night, turned PC on, and nothing... the battery light was on for a few seconds, flashed and then came back on, like the mouse was trying to find the receiver.

I tried moving the usb slot the receiver was in, taking the battery out, and plugging into the mains, uninstalling and reinstalling all the setpoint stuff, trying on a different pc, none of it works.

I did manage to get the mouse to re-pair, and re-connect after having the mouse switched off for about 5 mins, and then switching it back on. However, this only worked a couple of times.

The mouse cut out while it was in use, and also cuts out after its had a chance to go to sleep mode. I'm thinking it needs to go back, but  was hoping someone from logitech could give some input before i phone them tomorrow.

Logi Nu
gregnorz

Re: Performance MX short sleep timeout and unifying receiver problem

I called Logitech last night, and I was on the phone for well over an hour. I have the same problem -- Performance MX Mouse goes to sleep if you leave it sitting. After charging it for the first time with the included cable, the mouse stopped working altogether.

I had the rep:

1) Blame my cell phone for interference

2) Blame my wireless router

3) Blame my OS (running Windows 2003 on my laptop w/o drivers, but doesn't work on my Mac, either)

4) Run me through a bunch of lame-brained troubleshooting tips.

I finally confronted the rep (who was nice, but you could tell she was digging through a guide book meant for grandmothers) about other posts in this forum that the PMX has problems. At that point I was told a new mouse would come my way, shipped in 3-5 days. This contradicts with reports in other threads of a backorder situation. No idea if I'll actually see a mouse at that point.

I have 45 days to return to a local retailer -- I'll probably do that if I can't get a new mouse by next weekend.

Hope that helps!

Logi Nu
Dio44

I am having this exact issue.  The mouse basically times out and when moved takes 2-3 seconds to wake up.  I bought this thing for gaming and it's total crap for that use.  By the way, I bought the MX because the first gen MX-Laser did the exact same thing...  It's obviously a firmware thing where it shuts off to conserve battery power, but the timeout timer is set for like 10 seconds when it should be longer or adjustable by the user.

Since these are official boards, I will look for a response to this thread.  Otherwise, back to best buy this week.

Logi Browser
KaneShadow

I am having the same problem, oddly enough I am upgrading from a 1st Gen MX1000 Laser and it did not have that problem at any point in the 5 years I've been using it.

It doesn't happen every time, it looks like there's a minimum power off time?  If I try to start moving it again exactly as it times out, it takes too long to wake up again.  But if I wait longer between trying to move it it seems like it wakes up quicker.

This is specifically irritating for gaming, since you make a movement, a small delay, and then make another movement is specifically when it locks up.  It's extremely irritating.

Any Logitech response on this besides getting a refund?  I love the accuracy and ergonomics of the mouse and would like for it to just work correctly.

Logi Visitor
rgarjr

can you guys time how long it takes for the mouse to go to sleep when no activity?

Logi Visitor
RebornTearG0d

I hope they fix this..I am getting this mouse back when they ship it out to me :\

I sent in my MX cause it was having issues with double clicking and I was told I'll be getting this mouse back in return..I was kind of excited about it but after reading this topic, ugh I dunno :\

Logi Browser
KaneShadow

It turns off in like 2 seconds or less.  

Something else I noticed however-  with my mouse sitting flat on my desk, with no motion or vibration or anything that could wake it up, it sleeps for 3 seconds and wakes up again for no reason.  I noticed this because my battery was in the red, and the stupid taskbar popup notification would appear and disappear over and over again, after I took my hands off the desk completely.

Maybe it has something to do with visibility on the surface?  What surface are you guys using it on?  I'm using it on a black wood desk.

Logi Visitor
RebornTearG0d

Just wanted to come back in this topic to post that I just received my Logitech Performance Mouse MX and I tried to replicate what you guys were experiencing.  I left my mouse alone for 3 seconds (didn't move it) and tried to move it after that it worked no problem. I repeated the process for 10 seconds and then 1 mintue long still it was responsive without any problem at all when I tried to move it.

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit and version 4.80.103 Setpoint Software with Driver version 4.82.11

Logi Browser
KaneShadow

[ Edited ]

If I move the mouse, and then let go and count 10 seconds, and then move it again, it will have a 2 or 3 second delay before the cursor moves every time.

Also, if I let go of the mouse and just stare at it, the battery lights will come on every 15 seconds.  

Thanks for your help by the way.  

Logi Nu
Carnacki

This is exactly the same problem I'm having... I'm not really sure what the point of these support forums are if Logitech never reply to anyone. Unless someone can post a definitive answer to these issues, this one is going back to shop.