Logi Browser
Kyne

Performance Mouse MX Battery only lasts 2 days on full charge? (Tried 3)

I replaced my trusty MX Revolution a few days ago with the new Performance MX. Great mouse (though I hate that the base is gone).

However, while I first liked the battery being a standard off-the-shelve AA rechargable, I am aghast to see that a full charge only lasts about 2 days tops - with regular use.

I replace the shipping no-name one with an Energizer (2450mah - more than the one that is ships with) - but with exactly the same results.

This makes me think the mouse isn't charging correctly - though LCC shows it as 'full'.

Is this a problem with the mouse anyone else has seen?

thx

Logi Nu
lewong

Re: Performance Mouse MX Battery only lasts 2 days on full charge? (Tried 3)

I just got a Performance Mouse MX and my battery performance is the same; after 2 days use, Setpoint says the batteries are low. That is 2 days without turning the power switch off.

I tried using fully charged Sanyo eneloop NiMH AA 2000 mAh batteries with the same result. I fully charged both the Sanyo batteries and the OEM battery in a La Crosse Technology BC-900 AlphaPower battery charger. Using the USB cable to charge overnight also gives just 2 days of battery life.

This Logitech troubleshooting note Performance Mouse MX battery life information says "Expected battery life is up to 30 days." Can this be correct? The power label inside the battery door on the mouse says, "1.2 V 180 mA" There's no way that would last 30 days.

Logi Browser
GageJC

I'm having the same problem now, but I think I have some more information. I just got a new PMX mouse, the previous one I had had a defective middle mouse button. The previous mouse could last at least a week on one charge, this is without ever turning off the power. The new mouse only lasts a couple of days, but I have some more information. I've never had a problem in the past with my computer screen going to sleep. I have it set to sleep after 1 minute idle. Ever since I got the new replacement mouse, the computer screen never goes to sleep. When I have the PMX mouse plugged into the power cord, though, the screen goes to sleep like normal. This could mean that the mouse is continuously "moving", even when it's not in use. It seems to be sending signals to the computer constantly, so that the computer thinks the mouse is being used, and never allows the screen to sleep. This defect could be the reason why the batteries don't last long. Another strange thing with the new mouse that I got is that the LED lights are constantly flashing, about once every 5 seconds. Does anybody else get that? I find it annoying, and that problem also doesn't help with the battery light. The older defective mouse never lit up the LEDs except for when it's charging. I'm kind of disappointed that I got 2 defective mice in a row...
Logi Visitor
rgarjr

I have my screen to turn off in abou 15 minutes from inactivity and the PMX just goes to sleep after a bit, never wakes up my screen unless i move the mouse. 

Logi Nu
betinhowoo

Same thing... The batteries just for 2 days... =/

Logi Browser
coolspot18

Yes, I'm having the same problem... very very disappointing. The mouse is amazing, but the battery life is pathetic.

I've tried 3 different Performance MX mouses and the battery life is the same!

Logi Browser
coolspot18

This mouse is like 100+ dollars... I can't believe they designed it to only last 2 days per charge.

Argh.

What a waste of money.

Logi Browser
Andy603

For what its worth.  I have the same problem.  Just bought from Amazon for what I thought was a great price $59) but it only lasts about 2 days... I ran it down to nothing and recharged..didn't make a difference.  Has anyone confirmed with Logitech that this is normal?  If so, I'm writing my amazon review as one star and returning the stupid thing.

Logi Browser
kevindd992002

I just noticed that when these kind of problems are divulged in this forum (which I'm experiencing with my PMX too), those pesty Logitech forum representatives don't seem to care to reply at all. Are you guilty of your poor battery life design for this very expensive mouse? You're really just scamming people to believe that the expected battery life is 30 days, my goodness.

Logi Nu
Inquiring

[ Edited ]

This is the nature of the beast. Service is cavalier about it.

Write a negative review on Amazon. The only thing that will move them is rotten publicity.

I love the mouse, but once I get half as chance, I am moving to something else.

FYI.  I used to use a wireless mouse with AA batteries; the charges lasted close to 3 months.