Logi Nu
atarian88

Performance Mouse MX (and others) Linux support

[ Edited ]

I recently purchased a Logitech Performance Mouse MX, and I love it. It feels just right in the hand, and it has so much potential. Note the use of the word "potential"; the mouse could be so much better under my operating system of choice. These are my issues:

1. The mouse seems to be stuck at 800 (or so) DPI, with no possibility to change this under Linux. I have recently become accustomed to at least 1500 DPI (which this mouse can do) and higher resolutions, so it is most unfortunate that I cannot experience this with this mouse, which is perfect in every other way.
  2. No support for reprogramming buttons under Linux. This is related to point (1) due to the fact that there is neither a SetPoint implementation for Linux, nor is there any specifications released on how to achieve such a thing.
  3. No (official) support for the unifying receiver on Linux. I do generally enjoy your products, and the unifying receiver is an excellent idea, potentially freeing up USB ports and making configuration of multiple devices a pinch. There is some C code here that allows pairing new devices, but there is currently no way to remove a pairing.

I understand that your priorities may lie elsewhere, and I realise that us GNU/Linux users are relatively few (2-3% in optimistic estimates), but we are gaining traction. I beg you thusly to consider providing either a SetPoint implementation or the means to implement an alternative. Failing that, a utility to simply change the DPI settings of recent Logitech mice would pay off immensely in the long run, as adding DPI setting commands for future products should be trivial with an existing code base.

Thank you for your time,

a valued customer and GNU/Linux professional.

EDIT: For clarification of (2), all hardware buttons on the mouse are visible, and can be rebound using other utilities, so there is no cause for worry there. What is missing, though, is the possibility to bind a hardware button to the "Set DPI" action, which is relevant to (1).

EDIT 2: Thanks a lot, all of you! User Philipp_W was kind enough to hack together a small program to change the DPI setting for the Performance Mouse MX. Kudos to him! It can be found here. Also, there is another program here which does the same things, but flashes the LEDs on the mouse as well, providing visual feedback to the DPI change.

Logi Nu
cipherisoatmeal

Re: Performance Mouse MX (and others) Linux support

I'd love to see support actoss all platforms. Sometimes using windows isn't an option. Neither is using a Mac because they are costly.

Logi Nu
elbunuelo

I agree with all of the above, I've been using the mouse for a couple of months now, but haven't got to all of its potential because of the lack of linux support!

Logi Nu
sankeytm

MX 1100 and MX 620 user here. I would absolutely love an easy way to map those extra buttons in GNU/Linux.

Logi Nu
tommiss

Vote for GNU/Linux support.

Logi Nu
arrowsama

Another vote for this issue, having driver support would greatly increase the value of this product for many users.

Logi Nu
mfs1

I have been using Logitech Mice for years on all my Linux machines. Support would be nice.

Logi Nu
SpaceBonobo

Please help us! I also bought a logitech mouse and it isn't working really fine on Linux.

Logi Nu
Skaarj

I would also like to support this request.

I'm using logitech gaming mice and trackballs for years and really would like to see improved integration in linux.

h0p
Logi Nu
h0p

Hello Logitech. I use a linux desktop at home and at work. More support would be great. 

my 2 cents.