Logi Nu
KevinHejn

Re: Performance Mouse MX flashes red

I realize this is an old post, but as this is on of the top hits when searching for "performance mx red lights" I thought I would add a possible solution in case anyone comes across the same problem.

I recently experienced that when I tried to charge my Performance MX, all three lights started blinking red shortly after connecting it. For the first 10 seconds it would indicate that it was charging as normal, but then the red lights would start blinking. This happened every time I plugged it in. It turned out that it was because the battery had slipped slightly out of position. After opening the battery lid and pushing the battery into place, it worked again. For some reason it did not affect normal usage but stopped the mouse from charging.

Logi Nu
kiba91

Hi all,

I have the same problem, red light blinking 8 times and the mouse don't work... but no real solution found here...

There are no support on this forum by logitech team or what?? Seriously ?? where are moderators? Or support team??

I have paye this product 80€ and i want support by logitech!! I have call to the hotline, but the guy, located on maroc or tunisia, just say me : go where you have buy your product for more help...

I am extremly  disapointed by the logitech suport... there is some years ago, the logitech support was like very good, and now...

Please someone have the solution for this issue?

Thanks

Logi Nu
ben_turner

Yep, getting a radio silence from Logitech on the 8 blinking red LED issue, despite the number of posts that keep cropping up about it.

I can do the "hold RMB, tap LMB 5 times, release RMB" trick to make it stop the 8 flashes and revert to red/green alternating flashes. But this doesn't change it to anything functional. Nice Xmas light, maybe.

Think I'm going to have to go through the long haul on technical support for this one. I really have to stop buying logitech; it looks so good on paper, but I always end up on the forum, wanting to scream.

Logi Nu
KristyK

Same trouble with the Anywhere Mouse.  Worked fine when I left the office Friday, and on Monday morning it wouldn't pair.  Tried everything.  Have to send it back for a new one.  Do they really have this much trouble with their hardware?  Next time I'll buy something other than Logitech.

Logi Nu
natedsaint

I'm having the same problem with my Anywhere MX. Yesterday morning it started acting weird and I couldn't turn it on. When I turn it on I put my eye really close to the LED and see the light flashing, so I went out and got some new AA batteries. This seemed to fix it... until this morning when I turned it on, same problem. I recently bought a 20 pack of AAs so I tried every one to see what I could do : no dice. I've tried the various reset options in this thread, nothing seems to be working, and I don't see where to dismantle this thing to check the connectors (the little mouse has no exposed screws). I'd be willing to send it to Logitech for a replacement but I don't think I have any receipts or registration info so I don't know if i can even send it in. 

I guess I'll look into it, but I gotta say this is pretty disappointing. It's the only major problem I've had with logitech, and it seems like a lot of other people have it, so I'm amazed they haven't responded on here or other places with an investigation, seems irresponsible. 

Logi Nu
Treytor

I fixed this in my Performance MX.  Here's what I did:

Note:  Doing this will void your warranty, so I'd suggest sending it in for a replacement first.  But if you're the tinkering type, here's what I did.

Going off of what someone posted earlier about the ribbon cable connection from the main board to the optical laser being loose in their mouse, I investigated further.  The connection on the main board seemed fine, but I slid a folded piece of paper in there just to make sure it was snug and there was good contact from the cable pickups to the connector.

Still getting the 8 red flashes, I checked the other end of the cable.  I noticed that if I press my finger down on the cable where it is attached to the darker optical laser board, I got green lights!

I carefully removed the 3 screws holding the battery compartment in place, lifted the ribbon cable, and placed a small dab of super glue UNDERNEATH the cable right next to where it connected to the optical laser board.  I then pressed the cable down onto this dab of glue and held it in place to dry.  This essentially puts pressure down on the cable where it is soldered to the optical board, making a better contact.  Problem solved!

Note:  To be fair, Logitech DID offer to RMA my mouse several months back, but in the process of moving and other things, I never got around to sending it in.  Of course, when I unpacked and hooked up my computer, the mouse worked fine for several months before this problem resurfaced.  So like I said, RMA IT FIRST!  If you can't, or don't want to, then try this method to fix this obvious manufacturing flaw.

Logi Nu
LibbyLibbyLibby

I had the same problem with the red blinking light but realized that this only started when I replaced the battery.  After fiddling with the back of the mouse, I realized the warning on the back clearly stating "Battery Insert Ni-MH Battery Only".  I replaced with that original battery, and blinking red light went away :smileyhappy:

Logi Nu
Al-Rosine

On a Performance MX mouse found that a single, solid (non-flashing) red led next to the battery symbol indicated that the battery had been installed in backwards.

Logi Nu
ramon357

Re: Anywhere Mouse MX flashes red

[ Edited ]

My mouse had one red flash, followed by a three red flashes.  I opened the mouse (two screws under the stickers in the battery department, two screws under the front foot pads) and there was a white ribbon (upper right of the top circuit board that connects to the lower circuit board near the right click button) that looked like it was inserted, but not making contact.  I removed the off white/yellowish tab and reattached it.  (reattaching it took me around 15 minutes since I didn't have any tweezers) and then when added a dab of super glue and its working.

I think the tab comes loose or isn't inserted properly from the factory and re-inserting in there fixes it, and the dab of super glue should hold it in place.

Logi Browser
sometimesIwonde

[ Edited ]

2013: just got this problem, no solution so far

eight 8 red light flashes - pause - repeat