Logi Nu
willantirocks
Accepted Solution

Problems pairing MX Revolution with Replacment Reciever...

[ Edited ]

I just replaced my MX Revolution reciever as my friend broke my old one.  when i plug it into wither my computer (win7) or laptop (vista), it "dings" as normal, but the mouse does not start working, I have then tried the connect utility which says turn the mouse on and it will connect, it goes though and says it is connected, and setpoint shows it as connected.

the pointer does not move and the buttons to not work. the batteries are shown as unknown in setpoint if that is any help.  this is the same in vista and win7.

any advice please!?!?!

thanks

will

Message Edited by willantirocks on 05-15-2009 06:57 AM
Logi Nu
Neelyboy

Re: Problems pairing MX Revolution with Replacment Reciever...

[ Edited ]

I registered with this forum just to help you my friend because I was having the same problem. The reason why you aren't able to connect is because the Connection Utility does not come with the full instructions on how to connect with a new receiver.

This is what you need to do:

(1) Run the Connection Utility (Make sure the mouse is on)

(2) Press and hold the left mouse button

(3) While still holding the left mouse button turn the mouse over and slide the power switch to OFF and then slide back to ON

(4) While still holding the left mouse button ,click the right mouse button 5 times 

(5) Click OK

(6) Enjoy your mouse !

Cheers !

Message Edited by Neelyboy on 05-15-2009 10:10 AM
Logi Browser
z0ne

Strange that didn't make my mouse start working.
Logi Apprentice
hkitching

Did they send you the proper receiver? The Logitech support page for MX Revolution shows two receivers, depending on model number.
Logi Nu
willantirocks

thank you so much!! ive been using the worst mouse ever for the past 2 weeks!!

back to mx goodness!!

Logi Browser
z0ne

Yeah the model number is the same as the receiver it's replacing.  I've just decided to buy a new mouse now, it's too much trouble trying to get this receiver to work.  I've done that Re-connect test about 50 times and nothing happens.
Logi Nu
Esso31

I have been told by Logitech support that any bluetooth reciever will do, but I cannot get the mouse to be discoverable I have done the hold the left mouse down switch on and off thing but no luck. 

Any guidence?

Here is the reply from logitech: 

"Thank you for contacting Logitech's Electronic Technical Support.

I am sorry to learn that the Bluetooth receiver that is part of the Logitech MX Revolution is broken and you would like to obtain new Bluetooth receiver.

Unfortunately, lost or physical damages are not covered under Logitech manufacturers’ warranty.

The receiver for the Logitech MX Revolution is not available in stock for replacement or for sale as a stand alone accessory.

However, I am glad to inform you that you can use this device with any third party Bluetooth receiver. To pair the third party Bluetooth receiver with the Logitech MX Revolution, please refer to the steps given in the following URL:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/67cdb8d4-c3fe-43db-a00e-53159bf8695b1033.mspx

Note: Please press the connect button on the Mouse to put the device in discoverable mode."