Logi Nu
ralmond

Repairing mouse with Nano receiver

I have a M187 mouse, and a M570 trackball, which I had paired to my computer.  I had reset the M187 mouse to use the unifying receiver that came with the trackball.

The receiver has died, and I want to repair either the trackball (preferably) or the mouse with the nano receiver.  I can find instructions for pairing with the unifying receiver, but the unify software does not recognize the nano receiver.  (I saw this in a different help thread).  How can I reset the nano receiver so it sees my mouse again?

MichaelKenward
Topics: 19
Solutions: 267

Re: Repairing mouse with Nano receiver

ralmond wrote:

The receiver has died, and I want to repair either the trackball (preferably) or the mouse with the nano receiver.  I can find instructions for pairing with the unifying receiver, but the unify software does not recognize the nano receiver.

Are you saying that your PC does not see the second, new receiver?

If so, you need to fix that before you can think about pairing devices with it.

That may involve removing all the drivers and stuff for the now dead receiver.

On that, I am surprised that a receiver died. Are you sure? Could it be that your PC is just not seeking any receivers you throw at it?

I would check all the receivers in another PC to see if it is broken hardware or a bust installation that is causing you problems.

By the way, I assume that you have read this: 

Connecting a device to a replacement Unifying receiver - Logitech FAQ

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73 | LWS 2.31
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit | Windows 8.1 Update

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Logi Nu
ralmond

Re: Repairing mouse with Nano receiver

1) No and Yes. Windows sees the nano receiver and checks for driver software. The Unifying control panel gives a message about "No Unifying Receiver is plugged in". A different forum post leads me to believe that this is because the Unifying control panel does not work with the nano receiver. The M187 mouse came with the nano receiver, but is currently paired with the dead unifying receiver. My question is how to repair it with the old nano receiver. 2) The unifying receiver is physically damage. I forgot to remove it before putting the PC (which is a laptop) into its case and the protective shell was knocked off. It continued to function for about a year and a half, but then the antenna got bent and the receiver fell apart. It is easier to replace it than to fix it, but I'm not sure I can get to the store to replace it before tomorrow. 3) No I don't have another Windows machine to try this on. All of my other computers are either Linux or Unix (Mac OS). The drivers on those platforms aren't quite as well developed. 4) That FAQ doesn't help, because the Nano receiver does not work with the Unifying software.