Logi Visitor
reeven

SETPOINT 6.32 PROBLEMS AS ALWAYS

Your piece of software, an bad one, does not work at all with MX  REVO, it did not INSTALL at all.

Also, somebody from Logitech think that is better to use an online installer version-WRONG, this always cause problems.

Use offline installers, GIVE US OFFLINE INSTALLERS.

In the last 8 years, you give us bad hardware with cheap chinese pieces. Where is old Logitech mouses, that last forever?

Well, they cease to exist, now Logitech make poor hardware, and very expensive.

Anybody with an logitech mouses nowadays have double click problem.

It's not posible to buy an logitech crapware, an youcant install their software.

We need Logitech Setpoint full aplication, not online. Also, hire some russians to test your crappy software that does not work at all.

In the last 12 month, Logitech Setpoint give us many problems, every version that you make.

Stop bul**bleep** us and test your aplication better before releasing.

I'M NOT BETATESTER LOGITECH.

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU, I CARE ABOUT MY MONEY.

Double click problem, remember?

That why my MX REVO is the last LOGITECH CRAPPYWARE, i will buy A4tech ( cheap but good) or microsoft.

Logitech nowadays make crap hardware but very expensive, remember your speakears from z550 that explode?

right

MichaelKenward
Topics: 17
Solutions: 254

Re: SETPOINT 6.32 PROBLEMS AS ALWAYS

I don't like the online installer either.

If I cannot get the full file in the support area I go here:

ftp://ftp.logitech.com//pub/techsupport/mouse

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73 | LWS 2.31
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit | Windows 8.1 Update

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Logi Nu
AsterickAnjuu

[ Edited ]

I feel this guy's pain. Spent all last night trying to get Setpoint 6.32 to work. I have a new G9X, Win 7 64 bit. Tried the automatic stuff and at least setpoint would work but it wouldn't recognize that I have the mouse plugged in. Tried different USBs, nope. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling nope. Found a help article, uninstalled, deleted some system file,lol, restarted, had to repair windows to get it to start,lol, reinstalled setpoint, nope. It was at this point that I decided to start drinking. Next I tried an older version 6.30. DIdn't work, tried to upgrade to 6.32 from that. Hangs. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling restarting restarting restarting. Nothing. Gave up and past out (literally--thanks Logitech :smileyvery-happy:)

Woke up this morning, tried again thinking the added sobriety would help me. No dice. Put setpoint on my wife's laptop and it worked like a charm. WTH! So I loaded everything into the mouse plugged it in and at least the settings were saved. So I can get it to work but I'm seriously considering returning it and keeping the Death Adder I bought at the same time (wans't sure which one I'd like better). Their software worked easy peasy.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Logi Nu
AsterickAnjuu

Okay, the ftp link above seemed to work just fine. It's odd, though, the program is now called logicool SetPoint but so far seems to be working. 

MichaelKenward

I don't know where the Logicool came in. The FTP site has Setpoint***.exe from 222 (in 2004) to 632 (October 2011).

On the "stub" approach to downloading, the support area says:

"Tip: If you're having installation difficulties with the Smart Installer package, try downloading the Full installer package (32-bit / 64-bit). This usually does the trick."

This means that if you don't want to retrieve the installer you can get the whole package. No need to blow your top with a half baked approach.

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Logi Browser
transisto

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the warning, I'm not installing this update. (they can't even tell us what has changed doing the UI update)

Ps : I'm also having doubleclick problem on my REVO,  and the battery last 3-4 day. vs a standard AA = 1 year.

Logi Nu
CooperGaryE

Recently purchased Anywhere MX mouse and after installing SetPoint 6.32 it began causing my Windows 7 x64 Explorer to stop responding and then restarting.  Started happening so much I had to unstiall SetPoint.  Now I have not more Explorer crashes.  Anyone else experience this or similar issues?

Logi Nu
Horabed

I have had blue windows since the 6.32 update.  Can't uninstall it either.  Get error message in the Master Installer which then hangs and have to use Task Manager to close.  Tried Revo to uninstall but that couldn't see the program in Control Panel.

Had to repair the computer before it would reboot.

Changed to a Microsoft mouse but would like to uninstall the Setpoint driver.

Any advice would be appreciated.

MichaelKenward

Run the Setpoint installer again?

If you can fix the installation then you may be able to uninstall it properly.

Logi Nu
MainframeBill

Windows 7 SP1 with all service applied on 2 different machines (HP EliteBook and ASUS P8Z77V PREMIUM motherboard desktop with EVGA 660TI and ASUS monitor). 

MK710 (mouse and keyboard both wireless). 

SETPOINT software (latest download) FAILS (TRAPS) at shutdown CONSISTENTLY on 2 different machines with the same level of the operating system software from Microsoft.  "UNABLE TO ADDRESS STORAGE" message during shutdown in a popup window.  No problem with the installation.   

SOFTWARE DEFECT IN DRIVER - needs to be addressed and corrected by developers... Q U I C K L Y!!  These machines are used in a corporate business setting.  Hence, we'll buy other products and throw these out.