Logi Nu
JonathanEdwards

Scroll wheel becomes slow when switching mice on Win 7 64

I have docking stations at home and work with MX1100's attached to each. When I change locations (with Windows 7 64 bit resuming from standby) the mouse wheel scrolls very slowly. I have to reboot after every location switch to restore the normal scrolling speed. Reproduceable every time. I did not have this problem when I was using the same setup with a Windows 7 32 bit system.

Logi Nu
Ziltoidia

Re: Scroll wheel becomes slow when switching mice on Win 7 64

It seems like we're having the same problem.

I used this mouse on a Windows vista and eventually 7 32-bit laptop. Now that I use a 64-bit Win7, the scroll wheel slows down, and I have to reboot to fix it. Not only is it slow, but it responds slower. 

Logi New
ThreeOnParFive

I too have been having problems with my brand new M705 mouse that came in the wireless desktop combo.  The symptom I was noticing was very lethargic scrolling regardless of the number of lines I set to scroll.  I didn't experience this until the day after initial install.  I discovered unplugging the wireless dongle and plugging it back in would get things working for a while but next day, same problem.

Then I started messing around with SetPoint and have narrowed the problem down to the mouse "Speed and Acceleration" settings on the tab that looks like a chess piece.  I changed the setting to "OS implementation"  rather than the default "SetPoint implementation" and I'm happy to report that all is still well after 3 full days.  Hope this helps.

Logi Nu
ToddBlake

Exact same problem here.  Been plaguing me for a while.  I found a quick fix is to open the setpoint software, select the icon on the left with the pointer and the trails, check the "Enable Smooth Scrolling" Box, click "Apply", uncheck the "Enable Smooth Scrolling" box, and then click OK and it's back to normal.  But as my wife uses the computer often it's annoying to have to do this on a constant basis.

Logi Nu
JagAC

I also have this problem.  It occurs almost every day and makes scrolling unusable.  Previously the only fix I had was to reboot.  However I just tried ToddBlake's solution - and it works!  Toggling the "Enable smooth scrolling" option (using the "Apply" button inbetween) seems to temporarily fix the issue.  Thanks Todd!  Although, as mentioned by previous commenters, it is only a matter of hours until the problem occurs again!

What really needs to happen is for Logitech to patch the SetPoint software and fix it permanently!!  Having to fiddle with the settings every few hours just to keep my mouse functioning normally is VERY frustrating!!