Logi New
fred2028

SetPoint 6.20 x64 resets Windows 7 x64 Professional mouse pointer options upon reboot

[ Edited ]

Whenever I reboot my Windows 7 Professional x64 system on SetPoint 6.20, the pointer speed and "Enhance pointer precision" options are reset to the default values. How can I stop this?

I have an MX Revolution. Pointer speed options in SetPoint are max speed, max acceleration. Speed and Acceleration are SetPoint implementation with retain OS settings unchecked. If I check it, the Windows settings conflict with SetPoint's.

I've also found out that the Windows mouse dialog options (pointer speed) get reset whenever I save settings in SetPoint 6.20.

Logi Browser
tima

Re: SetPoint 6.20 x64 resets Windows 7 x64 Professional mouse pointer options upon reboot

I also have this problem, and in addition, merely opening Setpoint resets the "Pointer speed" and "Enhance pointer precision" options. The difference is that I have just a Logitech keyboard, the K750. I do not have a Logitech mouse. I have a Microsoft mouse and use Intellipoint. There are no mouse options available to me in Setpoint. All it does is mess up my mouse settings. How can I stop this from happening?

Logi Nu
slmpika

Re: SetPoint 6.20 x64 resets Windows 7 x64 Professional mouse pointer options upon reboot

This is obviously a very widespread problem (most likely with Windows 7 x64 Professional as that is what I use as well). Has anyone been able to find a workaround, perhaps some other software? The reason I bought a new mouse was because my old one was too slow, but since my mouse speed is reset, this new mouse is slower than my old one until I fix the options. There is absolutely no reason that I should have to change my mouse settings every single time I restart my computer.

Logi Browser
beo6

[ Edited ]

hi everyone. i Have exactly the same problem and searched a lot and have not found any good solution.

You can try my own small tool that does reset the mouse settings as soon as they are changed from any other software.

mousespeedresetter v0.2 (with source-code and executable)

this was just a try from me so i can use my PC how i want it and not how Logitech wants it and it works good for me.

You can put a shortcut to the executable in your autostart when you set "should the mousespeed be reset automatic?" and "should this application window be hidden on start?" to Yes on the first start.

When you want to reconfigure, just remove the "mousesens.ini". When you have set "should this application window be hidden on start?" you should first quit the executable in the Task-Manager.

I still hope Logitech will fix this in their own software so we dont need a additional tool.

Logi Nu
mike a

greetz beo! (plz forgive my poor english) i only regged here to thank you for your little proggie. they should distribute it with their software.

about a year ago i've bought my rx1000 mouse and realized that their software completely ignores mouse settings. i asked theis cutomer service for help. asked them to make their **bleep**point software let mouse be accelerated by OS. but they did not helped me. then i deleted **bleep**point and all additional mouse buttons become useless.

and only today i can use these additional buttons (installed setpoint back) with OS acceleration (provided by ur utility).

thanks a lot!

i dont even hope they fix this problem in their software :smileysad:

Logi Nu
rusmo

I just bought a G700 mouse, did a clean install of SetPoint 6.20 on Win 7 SP1 64-bit, and the native pointer speed setting on my mouse keeps getting reset to the default. It takes a couple minutes after I reset the speed using the control panel applet. It also happens any time I save the settings using the SetPoint software.

This is a big pain as I'm a programmer and use 2 monitors.

Please fix this!

Logi Nu
adamzilla

I have this problem too.  Enhance pointer precision turns on every reboot.  I do not want setpoint to even touch my mouse settings.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
bphillips

Hi adamzilla,

Please ensure you have installed the latest version of our Setpoint software (v6.22). Also, please make sure the option "Retain OS Settings" is selected. This feature is found by following the steps below:

- Open Setpoint

- Select the My Mouse Tab

- Click on Game Settings (chess piece icon)

- Under the category Speed and Acceleration check "Retain OS Settings"

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate

If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
rober10101

Hello bphillips:

I fixed the problem with your advise. Thank you.

I can't believe I didn't see the buttons on the left myself.

Roberto

Logi Browser
beo6

The biggest problem with this solution is:

If you do not have any logitech mouse but a logitech keyboard for example, you do not have this setting and can not change it.

But the driver still does change the mouse settings.