Logi Nu
cpmusick

SetPoint Installer Won't Run

I've tried quite a few different versions of SetPoint, up to the newest and whenever I try to run the installer all it does is the mouse has the "working in background" pointer for a few seconds, and then nothing happens. I check the task manager and nothing is running. I've tried compatibility mode, running as administrator, but still just doesnt want to start.

Any ideas? 

MichaelKenward
Topics: 17
Solutions: 254

Re: SetPoint Installer Won't Run

Tried this?

Booting Clean in Windows 7, Vista, XP, ME and 98

That could exclude things that might clash.

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73 | LWS 2.31
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit | Windows 8.1 Update

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Logi Nu
cpmusick

Just tried that, but it didn't work. Still the same thing. Any other ideas?

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
CarterW

Hi pmusick, 

Can you try temporarily creating a new Administrative user account on your computer and see if it will install through that?

Regards 

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
cpmusick

Thanks, that worked! For some reason when I created a new account, the installer would run just fine. But it still won't run under my account that I've always used. Any ideas why this would be? I'm hoping to avoid this again in the future.

MichaelKenward

I have come across this sort of thing before. It is one reason why I maintain a separate "Admin" User on my PC. That also makes it easier to go in and delete all of the files that build up in the %temp% folder.

It is an unfortunate fact of life that garbage builds up and can get in the way of efficient operation.

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

CarterW

It's hard to say exactly what's causing it, like MichaelKenwood mentioned it could be a build up or compatibility issue with other things that were installed on the computer.

One thing you can try is to do a clean boot of Windows, this will disable any programs or non-Microsoft services that normally start up with the computer. If the installer runs in a clean boot, it would indicate one of the programs or services in msconfig is having a conflict.

Regards

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
MichaelKenward

CarterW wrote:smileysurprised:ne thing you can try is to do a clean boot of Windows, this will disable any programs or non-Microsoft services that normally start up with the computer. If the installer runs in a clean boot, it would indicate one of the programs or services in msconfig is having a conflict.

I suggested that early on. It didn't work for this user.

CarterW

My mistake should have read that.

To cpmusick, have you experienced this issue with any other .exe installers since it first started happening with Setpoint?

Regards

Logi Nu
cpmusick

I don't have any problems with any other installer. Just the ones for the different versions of SetPoint.