UA
Logi Browser
UA

Re: SetPoint and Windows 7

[ Edited ]

Just wanted to note that my specific problem seems to be a 64-bit issue, not a Windows 7 issue. The reason I've concluded this is that the same thing happens with my Vista 64-bit machine using the latest SetPoint 4.72.40 64-bit driver.

It's really annoying when your mouse driver craps out multiple times a day! 

Message Edited by UA on 06-01-2009 12:25 PM
Logi Browser
Keisko

Hi, Windows 7 has been released to RTM. Any news on new version of setpoint for Windows 7?
Logi Nu
WeldoVonSteel

Hi,

Not sure if people are still having problems but I have managed to get the x64 v4.72.40 install to work OK on my Windows 7 RC1 x64 system using a method I found on another site (the method was actually for getting my G15 keyboard software to work but it seems to have worked for SetPoint as well).

Basically, you use WinRAR or something to extract all the files from the installer, edit the Setup.ini comment out the line that carries out the OS version check, and then just run the Setup.exe. This seems to have worked fine for my MX518 mouse, although I haven't tried programming the buttons yet.

The line you need to comment out of the ini file is:

Conditions=OS_Future,OSCheck_xp_thru_70,OS_Bitness,BrowserCheck_IE5,SetPointVersionCheck,RebootChecking

Hope this helps.

Logi Nu
Frescard

[ Edited ]

v4.72.40 installed, and works fine for my under 64bit, but I don't seem to be able to toggle the scroll-wheel mode for my MX Revolution (between "Click-to-Click" and "Free Spin" ). It's not a hardware issue, as the toggling works fine when SetPoint is not running, but when it's on, it's always in Click mode (and, yes, it is enabled in SetPoint).

Also, when using uberOptions the thumbwheel's forward scroll was not detected (only the backwards one).

Message Edited by Frescard on 08-05-2009 11:33 AM
Logi Nu
shredhacks

Hope this will help you, just install the 4.8 version and disable your anti virus, your mouse and system will up and running, no issues with the 7 64 bit.

The solution is always on the other side.
Logi Nu
Maniaxxx

[ Edited ]

Hi!

I've read ALL the forum topics and troubleshooting guides related to this problem, I've tried everything, but I still can't get my SetPoint to work properly on my new Windows 7. I've been using Cordless MX 3000 Laser keyboard+mouse combo for years, and I haven't had any problems until now. Mouse and keyboard settings don't appear in the SetPoint window, no matter what I do.

My SetPoint

Please help...

Logi Browser
luke820

what the hell lol, everyone is using WIN7 but u guys cant support it. u are still saying that some user have reported successfully, but that is not responsible for your own product, so please find us a way to work setpoint on win 7 please!!!

Logi Browser
luke820

hey thank a lot, finally i got mt set point installed but when i press update it shows runtime error擷取.JPG ......... please help me with it!! many thanks!! ^-^