Logi Browser
Butcher851
Accepted Solution

Setpoint 6.50 - Does it include Scroll App?

Hello everyone. I just updated my SetPoint Drivers to 6.50.152 from 6.32 for my MX400 Laser Mouse. I was also running the Logitech Flow Scroll App for IE9 and Firefox. After I installed Set Point 6.50 i got notifications from the two Browsers that a new add on was added, for Smooth Scrolling and in my add ons it is listed as Set Point 6.50. If i remember correctly the icon shown in the add ons is the same as the Flow Scroll App.

So if i understand this correctly now, the new SetPoint 6.50 also includes the Flow Scroll App and does not require a separate installation? I also noticed that the Flow Scroll App has been removed from the list of Installed Programs and no longer starts at OS Start which makes me believe it has been replaced or is included in the new SetPoint. Thanks for any help and any clarification you might provide.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
woody

Re: Setpoint 6.50 - Does it include Scroll App?

Yes.  Scroll App (Flow Scroll) is now included in SetPoint 6.50.    It does not require a separate installation for Scroll App (Flow Scroll).

Logi Nu
oxydac

[ Edited ]

this Scroll App (flow scroll) is poorly tested - problems with special characters / iso latin etc. when typing through browsers

- "all" pressed letters are replaced with eng alphabet
- Many ppl. do not know that flow scroll have a problem and go to reset internet settings (thinking that something is wrong with browser)
- video file of recorded problem download HERE  (wmv 4.4MB)

*first aid for croatian, turkish, serbian, etc.
browser tools

manage add_ons

disable logitech setpoint

Logi Browser
Nokiaman1978

hi setpoint updated yesterday and now i dont have the flow scroll app in ie9 add ons, does it run differently now or should i have it in add ons

Logi Browser
Nokiaman1978

[ Edited ]

just reinstalled setpoint and def no add on in ie9, how do i know its running and turned on

Logi Browser
Butcher851

It should be a logitech setpoint add on appearing in IE9, not a Scroll App. That's how it appears on mine.

Logi Browser
Nokiaman1978

dont have anything related to logitech in add ons

Logi Browser
Butcher851

It doesn't appear if you are using the 64 bit version of IE9. For me it only appears on the 32 bit version of IE9.

Logi Browser
Nokiaman1978

[ Edited ]

using 64 bit ie 9 how do i know if its running then, and how do i disable it

Logi Browser
Butcher851

I constantly have a Setpoint.exe running in Task Manager. You can Enable/Disable Smooth Scrolling through the Keyboard and Mouse properties icon in the Task bar.