Logi Nu
PhotoGene47
Accepted Solution

T650 Problems on Windows 8 PC

Yesterday, I bought a Logitech Wireless Touchpad T650.  It appealed to me because of the gesture capabilities.  I installed it without a hitch, including the software download and update it needed.  However, it has begun to since deteriorate in performance. 

Now, it is inconsistent especially with the right-click functionality and sometimes the left-click.  What happens generally, especially with the right-click is that it flashes the menu for a fraction of a second and then disappears.  Sometimes, if done enough I can get it to stay on screen but this is not consistent.  This same behavior has also begun to happen with the left-click especially on drop-down windows when clicking on a spin arrow.  Accordingly, I have to attach a mouse to take care of some of these performance issues.

I have an HP Pavilion m9150f machine which I have reinstalled [following a format] the OS and upgraded to Windows 8 prior  to installing the T650.  In orhter words, it was a clean install.  I have a lit Logitech keyboard and now, a Logitech Performance MX mouse attached to a unifying USB wireless adapter.  The machine and OS are 64-bit.

This should not be happening with a Logitech product, one that I have trusted over the years as being good-to-go from day one out of the box.  I really would like to discover why this malfunction is occurring and what can be done to remedy the problems.  The sooner the better...   Thank you.

Logi Nu
PhotoGene47

Re: T650 Problems on Windows 8 PC

Well, I do not know if my solution is permanent at this stage but I reloaded the setpoint software, this time using the 64-bit instead of the smart installer, then rebooted.  The problem seems to have disappeared and I am back to where I was on day one.  I hope it remains this way.  Sometimes, though, there iis a lag between the tapping and the response.  Additionally, noted when I have the Microsoft Windows 8 lock screen activated, a tap on the touchpad is not the same as the left click on a mouse.  I have to tap several times to get the unit to respond so I usually revert to using the keyboard instead.  It is a good product but definitely has room for improvement of the software.

Logi Browser
Cogito

PhotoGene47 wrote:

... Sometimes, though, there iis a lag between the tapping and the response.  Additionally, noted when I have the Microsoft Windows 8 lock screen activated, a tap on the touchpad is not the same as the left click on a mouse.  I have to tap several times to get the unit to respond so I usually revert to using the keyboard instead.  It is a good product but definitely has room for improvement of the software.

Your lag issue is likely related to the fact that the device is in a low power state when not in use for some time. It can take some time to respond to your input. This is just my observation from using it under the same condition.

Logi Browser
oloendithas

I've spoted this bug once, when used the "Switch account@ feature on my Windows 8.1.

So I locked my current account adn logged on to another one and it was looking like most of touchpad events, especially taps/clicks, has been processing twice each time.

After I logged of from second account and returned to mine one, there was no glitch in there.

I suppose (just suppose) that two SetPoint applications in memory (from both accounts) was processing event from touchpad simultanously. Just a guess.

Logi Nu
Jesperi

Hi,

I have had the exact same problem with the - otherwise very nice T650.  I.e. Windows 8 seems to receive the same right-click event twice so effectively you just see, for instance the menu, flash quicklly and disappear again.

And the temporary fix was to to ensure that I am logged out of all accounts.  

I hope Logitech will fix this bug very soon!

Jesper