02-10-2010 09:51 AM
This is a great little app. It works great for presentations on my intel 10.6.1 macbook pro, but crashes immediately on my 10.4.11 PPC mac mini that I use as a media center.
You need to check the install instructions - says compatible with Mac OS 10.5 and 10.6, not 10.4.x. You're right, youareadoofus! lol
02-16-2010 11:24 AM
the mouse touch is really great. works well like the other logitec products i have. question though, is this still being developed and updated? our software uses the tab, esc, and arrow keys which the iphone app does not have included in the keyboard. what are the chances of having those keys added? thanks.
02-16-2010 09:28 PM
Great little app... my brother installed it on his computer, and then on his iPhone. It was so cool to watch that i whipped out my iPhone, downloaded it, connected to HIS computer and started controlling it! As it is now, anyone on your network with an iPhone can take control of your computer.
Any plans to add a password option to the server?
02-17-2010 08:02 PM
I just use the Touch Mouse and Touch Mouse in Windows 7 64-bit yesterday.
It's nice to control the computer from such a distance, that I must turn on Magnifier to read texts in the display.
And now I've found some trouble (I don't know if it's just me or not):
- In Windows 7's Magnifier application, when I clicked "Views", the Touch Mouse just stop responding (the Touch Mouse and the server is still in connected state)
- I've difficulties for typing in the virtual keyboard, as some characters that had been typed in the Touch Mouse aren't displayed in the main screen. I hope it's just me experiencing "packet loss", not a bug. (I am connected to the server via Wireless Router)
- When I clicked a drop-down menu, I want to scroll down by clicking the down arrow (on the scrollbar), but touching the Touch Mouse seems making the highlighted object selected and it closed the drop-down menu.
Overall, Touch Mouse is great!
02-18-2010 03:06 PM
This app is outstanding. If I were to completely ditch my keyboard and mouse for Touch Mouse, I would need 3 extra features.
1. Add a WMC/Apple remote. The simple Play/Stop/FF/RWD, swipe pad and volume controls would do.
2. Add macros. Have a few presets like e-mail, internet, media center, and then a few custom ones so someone could quickly access frequently visited items of their choice with limited touches.
3. Add browser controls with back, forward, reload, arrow keys, page up, page down.
It is a tedious task to do these things with only a touchpad.
03-18-2010 04:37 PM
I just started using this app and it looks great. One problem I am having is that it seems like the connection stalls every few seconds and then it takes a couple of seconds to regain mouse control. Anybody seen this and is there a way to correct this?
04-08-2010 12:58 PM
I downloaded the App and the Server App last night and installed them. I am running a MacBook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4ghz, 4gb memory, 320gb internal drive. I am running OS X, 10.6.3. I have my laptop hooked up to my Vizio 47" LCD screen with an HDMI cable. I network through an Apple Airport Extreme (2 channel, G & N). I can get the server app running, and get the iPhone app up and running and connected. But the cursor movement on the screen WAY lags my input. It's totally unusable. Is there something I need to do to fix this. Otherwise it's useless.
04-25-2010 07:51 PM - edited 04-25-2010 07:53 PM
I've been using LTM for a while now on my XP machine and it worked great! I've since installed it on my new windows 7 PC and seems to be a lot more lag when using TM in windows 7. Has anyone else experienced the laggy performance of LTM in windows 7? Does anyone know how to fix the problem?
To re-iterate things worked great on windows XP and are extremely laggy in windows 7 tested on two different windows 7 machines. The network is exactly the same, only the PC used as the server has changed. Both windows 7 machines have more processing power than the windows XP machine and were not running anything in the background. Ideas?